The Frustrations Thread - part 2

Options
124»

Replies

• dward59
    dward59 Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Missed day 2. Back to 1 again.

Malia, How are YOU? Things are going well I hope. I almost moved to your state but my wife didn't get the job she had put in for there. I was contacted for an interview but declined. She already had the job in San Diego. ..

Be well everyone.
  • emmerin78
    emmerin78 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    808malia wrote: »
    Wow, sounds like you have a lot on your plate right now! But it is very good to see you... back or front, lol! :D

AGREED!! :)
  • 808malia
    808malia Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I have been doing pretty good... Just getting back on the weight loss wagon! I have gained most of the weight I lost back, so just getting started over again. But I feel very motivated, so I am ready to kick things into high gear B) I hope your move goes as easily as possible, I have never been a fan of packing all my stuff and moving it :# Good luck to you!
  • dward59
    dward59 Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, back from a quick trip to CA to close on a house. Drove back with DW, packed her truck and another u Haul and got her back on the road this morning. I'm beat! I'm more worried about her fatigue though, driving 15 hours after the weekend we had.

I hear you about the wagon. I had the nutritionist yell at me at my last checkin. According to their scales I was up 20 lbs in a year. But I am down 12 lbs from where I was on the day of that visit so I think I had some serious water retention going on that day. Whatever. I'll never see her again. I'll have a new one to break in soon. ;-)

I still have 9 lbs to go to get back to my lowest. Another 100 beyond that to reach my dream weight and all the loose skin that will be with it. :open_mouth:

Better get back to work. Streak of 1 day started again...
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,691 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Dan, It's so nice to hear of your proximity to your lowest point. Remember how good it felt to get there?

My knee replacement required opiates which killed my appetite and withdrawal was worse. I'm 5'9 and got down to the equivalence of 108 (138# - 20# excess skin) - scary skinny - bones jutting out - unable to stop the loss & afraid of dying.

An odd place for a person overweight 100% of her life. DH finally helped me gain back ten# - whew. But then the inevitable happened - added a pound and another and another... slow and insidious and out of control... must stop before it all comes back.

A new friend reminded me about lowering carbs and fighting nighttime snacking and it may be helping me get back on track.

Wishing everybody well,
    Paula
  • CRody44
    CRody44 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Hang in there Paula. With your analytical mind and perseverance, you’ll figure it out. Just don’t have a pity party if it takes a little time.
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna get this, Chuck. Starting with weighing in every week. Thank you!