Welcome and an explanation of this group

Options
sparklelioness
sparklelioness Posts: 600 Member
I was inspired to create this group because of a post on my friends feed from itsolyo - she said she planned to go through May without cheating. I thought that was a great idea and told her I was in, as did a couple other people - and then I thought, why not make a group for it. But as I was making the group, I thought that it was pretty limiting to make a group just focused on one month... so I made it for just generally getting results in 2014. However, our focus for May will be itsolyo's original idea - going a whole month without cheating.

"Cheating" in this case means going off whatever your plan is. For instance, my plan allows for one cheat day a week, so I could still have that cheat day. I'm thinking of cutting back a bit and just having one cheat MEAL that day though, instead of a whole cheat day.

I'm going to make a thread for May goals - if you'd like to add a goal (besides simply not cheating), feel free to. At the end of May we might do a "No cheating in June" challenge or some other kind of challenge, but I'd really like to keep this group going to help all of us stay motivated and reach our goals :)

Replies

• caro1275
    caro1275 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    You have read my mind. My eating is great all day and then at night I've been blowing it! I can't use my thyroid issues as an excuse or else I will be GAINING weight- never mind losing! I am in! Thanks!!
    Caro
  • baileyang33
    baileyang33 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Also starting a plank challenge tomorrow!
  • sparklelioness
    Options
    Welcome ladies :)

I need to do some kind of butt challenge, just need to google and find a good one, unless anyone knows any good ones? I'd like to do something that will show me some kind of results in a month, even if it's just a small change.

baileyang what's the plank challenge you're doing?
  • cgm2
    cgm2 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I love this idea! I also have a trip to the beach coming up on June3 so NO CHEATING IN MAY! Mine will be skipping workouts...I will workout 6 days a week! I send you all friend requests..I hope you add me as a friend. Thank you!
  • sunseeker100
    sunseeker100 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    hi everyone, I'm doing Atkins so in 2014 I need to reach my goal weight of possibly 125lbs. I think May will be to stick to my plan as I've recently done Jan-March with no cheating then fell off the wagon big style and have binged :(

think it's great to have a group with challenges through the year and in December we can compare to where we are now :)
  • INKEDandINSPIRED
    INKEDandINSPIRED Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    This is a great idea! I like how we can all have different goals. My no cheating this month will be to drink ALL of my water. I just bough a filtered-water pitcher at home to make this easier. Also...started my low-amylose diet on Monday...would like to be more strict with it starting today. Other than my coffee-creamer, no sweets! That includes ghost-hunting investigations, where I tend to snack on sugary things when I'm soooo tired. I'm going to start packing fruit and veggies for when I get the munchies! So 1.) Water!! and 2.) low-amylose foods only!
  • itsolyo
    itsolyo Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    this is awesome!!! thanks Sparklelioness for getting all this together!!!
  • caro1275
    caro1275 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Working on a plank challenge is a great idea. I started doing them about 6weeks ago. When I started I could only hold position for about 30s, now I am at 1m20s! Planks work your core, your arms, your legs, everything!!
  • geek23ka
    geek23ka Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Working on a plank challenge is a great idea. I started doing them about 6weeks ago. When I started I could only hold position for about 30s, now I am at 1m20s! Planks work your core, your arms, your legs, everything!!

good work, caro! i need to start incorporating planks, i think.

thanks, sparkle lioness, for the group! what a great idea. i definitely need as much help as i can get.
  • sparklelioness
    Options
    You're doing great geek, 80 lbs lost, that's awesome. It does get harder the more you lose - both physically and mentally I think. I've been having issues with motivation, but with summer coming I just keep reminding myself : I want to wear tank tops and shorts this summer, I want to wear tank tops and shorts this summer, lol. And I"m not going to feel comfortable doing that til I drop at least another 15, so that's my motivation to keep going.
  • itsolyo
    itsolyo Posts: 27 Member
    Options

I think this is a great idea, I'm personally at about 30 seconds right now. - Thanks for the idea!
  • geek23ka
    geek23ka Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    aw, thanks lioness. i was at 85 pounds, but fatty mcfatterson started creeping back into my life. i changed gyms and changed focus and ate too much. i've settled into my new gym and training regimen so now i am taking control of the food issues.

things like this group will definitely help.