No Cheating May!

Options
sparklelioness
sparklelioness Posts: 600 Member
The reason inspiration for this forum - itsolyo's idea for a No Cheating May.

If you're in, feel free to post in here and let us know.

I actually splurged tonight and got an Oreo shake at Jack In The Box, because I'm planning on starting fresh tomorrow, and I'm not going to do my free day this month - just a free meal. That's how I started out and that's what I did for the first year or so of my weight loss, and I'm thinking I should get back to it as I finish up and get these last 25 lbs off. I'll most likely have a normal breakfast, a nice dinner, and my normal small dessert.

My challenge right now is nighttime eating - lately I've been literally waking up at like 2 am craving sweets, and I've been eating a Special K Pastry Cirsps packet, or sometimes an ice cream sandwich. Not the end of the world, it's not that many calories - but I shouldn't be doing it at all, so I think that'll be my biggest challenge - ignoring that urge to splurge in the middle of the night.

I'm looking forward to getting back on track though. I am so close to goal, I want to stop procrastinating and get it done :)

Replies

• applecheeksaz
    applecheeksaz Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Yup,
    I'm ready to focus! And starting now sounds great :)
  • traceykiser
    traceykiser Posts: 28
    Options
    This is the beginning of my third month using My Fitness Pal and FitBit together. I have an overall goal of losing 40 lbs, but have not seti ntermediate goals, yet. I like this idea of setting a goal for one month to help maintain focus and get results. My no cheat goal for May will be to increase the number of steps I take each day by using the Walkstation at work. This is a treadmill that has a table with a computer on it so that you can walk while you work. My goal is to walk 10,000 steps each day. Thanks for the motivation!
  • itsolyo
    itsolyo Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    yayyy!!! no cheating May! You know I'm in.

My goal: Staying in ketosis throughout the whole month.

Excited!!! NO CHEAT MAY!
  • kilgore67
    kilgore67 Posts: 40
    Options
    I'm in.:smile:

Michelle in Ohio
  • EllieWool
    EllieWool Posts: 12
    Options
    OK I'm also in!

Im trying to do the 5:2 fasting diet Monday and Wednesday 500 Calories- and eat a healthy 3 meals with no snacks the other 5 days - its got to be something I can stick too forever!

I also need to drink some water -I've no idea how it helps but it seems that everyone suggests it - so my goals are to stick to my 2 fasting days - no snacks - lots of water-

Look forward to checking in with everyone…..
  • caro1275
    caro1275 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I am totally in! I have managed to kick diet soda and sweetener out of my diet, but now I am finding that my late night snacking is getting out of hand.
    Caro
  • baileyang33
    baileyang33 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Angel also Ohio, I'm in! My goal is to keep my weeklys under calorie goal & try to be as close to my macros as possible. 30/30/40ish is fine with me tho! :)