Trail Shoes?

Options
FoxyMcDeadlift
FoxyMcDeadlift Posts: 771 Member
Hi All,

I'm running almost exclusively trails nowadays, which is pretty awesome for me, but as the seasons turn I need to invest in some Spring trail shoes. I have some Adidas Kanadias which are pretty good for the heavy duty winter months, but they feel a bit too clunky, a bit too grippy for the spring/Summer.... So do many of you run a lot of trails? Could anyone recommend a good pair of lighter trail shoes? I run more woodland / dirt path than rocky trail.

Thanks!

Replies

• timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    I run trails quite a bit for training and races. For longer runs and rough/rocky trails I really like my Montrail Bahada's. They have enough cushioning & protection for rocky trails and my feet don't get too beat up. They are also pretty breathable for our hot summers. For shorter runs and most races I wear the ASICS Fuji Racer. They are light with excellent drainage but very slippery on wet rock.

On some of our group trail runs organized by a local chain of running stores I've been able to try some other trail shoes. The Montrail Fluid Flex and the Pear Izumi Trail M2 were awesome.
  • DavidMartinez2
    DavidMartinez2 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I use Merrel Mix Master for dirt, work pretty well for me. My biggest complaint is the lack of padding it is a problem when running rocky terrain but it sounds like that won't be a problem for you.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Salomon S-Lab Sense 3 Ultra.
  • Dizzle_65
    Dizzle_65 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Salomon Cross Max, I now have three pairs that I rotate