HIIT

Losing_Sarah
Losing_Sarah Posts: 279 Member
Hello,

I walk and do some weights, but I am not exercising nearly enough. I had my sleeve in October and before surgery I had been exercising pretty regularly at my local YMCA for a year and at Planet Fitness for a year before that. Once I had my surgery I took a break to recover. I have never really gotten back to that and in February we ended our Y family membership until we pay off our credit card debt (it was over $100 for a family membership plus childcare, which I need or wouldn't be able to get there considering my husband has crazy hours and works a lot). That extra $100 put towards debt makes a HUGE difference in our pay-off date, so joining up again is not an option.

Anyway, I keep active at home, and when I got to work. Now that the weather is warning up (I live in northern Minnesota) I will be getting back on my bike soon for exercise, but I want to start HIIT. I've been thinking about it for a couple months or so. The short sessions are and supposed benefits are super appealing to me.

I've gotten a bit weaker since surgery since I went from regular weight training to very little now, so I don't want to hurt myself. Does anyone do HIIT and if so, can you direct me to a website or something that has beginner routines for obese folks? I have lost 75 lbs so can do quite a bit more now, but I am still obese and don't want to hurt myself with an advanced routine. Obviously I hope to build up to something more intense, but I just need a beginners routine.

In other news...my dog is sleeping next to me as I sit on the couch typing this and geez, there are some super crazy and pound digestion noises coming from him right now. It's kind of creeping me out.