A note to newcomers

Options
kawookie
kawookie Posts: 813 Member
If you are new to this challenge let me take a moment to welcome you and reiterate a few things that sometimes get lost in the big description.

1) This group is for you to challenge yourself.
In order to do this, you need to pick a goal for yourself. This goal can be changed , but I strongly recommend choosing a goal that is achievable for you.

2) You have a 99 kcal cushion. (Some of us call this the Chevy rule after the group's founder Chevy_Smart)
You know those "need a penny take a penny, have a penny leave a penny" boxes? Similar idea. Sometimes we have spare calories left over in the green sometimes we dip into the red. You are permitted to call a day green if you are 99 or less calories over.

3) It is okay to have Red days.
Most of us have one occasionally. Sometimes they are planned; sometimes they are a surprise. This challenge is challenging and with time it gets easier to eat cake (or pizza) and still stay green.

4) We track your progress for you.
Jbharwood or I will track your green days for you on a spreadsheet. You can view it to see your progress and everyone else's progress there. Awards come automatically after you reach the prescribed number of days.

5) If you don't make your goal, you don't make it.
There are no consequences from the group. This is good because I haven't my goal for eating in months because my father has been hospitalized and it is hard to always plan meals. Life happens. We all understand.

Honestly, we are here to support you. Please check in with us often - we look forward to getting to know you in this challenge.

Happy tracking,
Kim (Kawookie)

Replies

• GrandMaKandy
    GrandMaKandy Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say a big thank for keeping these groups going. I found them motivational when they first started. I've missed the last few but I'm now ready to get back on the treadmill. Bring it on!