NEED PALS WHO LOG DAILY!

Options
poesch77
poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
I am looking for pregnant moms who are already overweight to start with and do not want to gain a ton this pregnancy! I am preggo with baby #3 and started MFP 3/11...lost 65lbs after baby #2 and never quite made it to goal.....35-40lbs left then boom pregnant again! I am now over 200lbs (sad) and don't want to gain 65lbs with this pregnancy like I did in my other two!! I log everyday even if terrible! I set myself at maintenance, because let's be realistic here.....:) I stopped exercising at 5 weeks due to spotting and cramping and hoping to start back up 2nd trimester. I had Placentia Previa with my other 2 pregnancies and was put on restrictions because of it. (no cardio, sex, heavy lifting) I am hoping I don't have to go thru that again. I want this pregnancy to be a healthy one! Please friend me if you can be of support!

Stacey~

Replies

• kalyrra
    kalyrra Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I started MFP before I got married to try to drop all my excess weight. I managed to lose almost 80 lbs and reached my goal weight of 185 before my wedding. I had gained almost 10 lbs back (194) when I got pregnant with my first child in 2012. I was 246 when I delivered, and within 3 months I was back down to 212 through breastfeeding, etc... unfortunately, when my son started sleeping through the night (it was instant, not gradual) I didn't cut back my calories to adjust for the 50% drop in breastfeeding. I ballooned back up to 252 lbs within 1 year of him being born. (this past January '14) :grumble:

So, starting January 1st, I hopped back on MFP and started logging, etc... and managed to drop down to 237 before getting pregnant a second time. At my first OB appointment at 8 weeks, I was 240 lbs. Right then I decided this pregnancy, I was NOT going to let myself get out of control! I was told to keep my weight gain to about 15 lbs, so I started logging every day. I cut out unnecessary sugars and carbs and started eating healthier.

Between that and the morning sickness, I've managed to drop about 16 lbs (my current weight is around 224 lbs last I checked). I'm definitely not dieting or restricting calories, just eating healthy and only when I'm hungry. Ultimately, I want to get back down to my goal weight of 185 (need to lose around 40 lbs from current weight) but for now, I'm focusing on being healthy for baby #2!
  • sunflower92630
    sunflower92630 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I started off slightly overweight at 5'3' pre pregnancy weight of 156 lbs and was told by my doctor not to gain more than 20 pounds... easier said than done for sure! This is my first child and never been in this boat, but alos been trying to eat at maintenance and exercise at minimum 30 minutes everyday (Also easier said than done when exhausted and "morning sickenss" almost al day long). Can't say I've been super diligent about it but also logging everything and being honest with myself some days are just better than others and there are just some days where you eat what you can keep down not always the healthiest things but better than not eating at all. I log everyday and could use support as well to stay accountable and have other preggo friends trying to keep the weight gain to a minimum. Add me if you would like. :)
    Teresa
  • mrsomeara
    mrsomeara Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I am always looking for motivated pregnant ladies to add to my friend's list. Although I haven't been much of a motivator myself lately. But I'd like to change that!

This is my 2nd pregnancy and I'll be 15 weeks tomorrow. My 1st pregnancy I was really good about eating healthier foods. But this time around not so much. I ate one too many donuts this weekend :( I'd like to make a better effort of getting more "real food" (most importantly fruits & veggies) in my diet and actually finishing my log every day. I was sick 18 days last month (I only worked out 10 days which is significantly low for me) and I am hoping eating healthier food will help boost my immune system. My husband juices daily so I have started to incorporate that awful green stuff into my day. LOL ;-)

If you'd like, shoot me a friend request and we can help encourage each other.
  • ramalem
    ramalem Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I did not start my pregnancy off overweight but I definitely log everyday (except for the stray meal on weekends sometimes) and always love new friends.

Feel free to add me!
  • SLL0622
    SLL0622 Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi girls,

Feel free to add me as a friend - - I've been laying low on MFP but think I need some support now. I'm not even 9 weeks in and I've already gained 3 lbs. I'm just not being good with tracking my calories every day. I lost about 16 pounds about a year and a half ago, but got pregnant last December, miscarried in February, and between my first pregnancy and allowing myself to eat things like ice cream and pizza, the subsequent depression following the missed miscarriage and that whole ordeal (where I was very "kind" to myself and indulged in more bad food), and then the lonnnnnng winter, I've packed 13 of the 16 pounds back on again. I really would like to limit my weigh gain to a healthy (but realistic) amount - - 25 lbs - - but am nervous I'm going to go wild and gain 40 or more b/c I'm sort of big-boned to begin with (5'9 and not a small girl!). I'm already about 20 pounds heavier than I need to be.

I enjoy yoga, walking, elliptical, and light strength training - - but am not as consistent as I should be (maybe 3x a week instead of 5x or even 6x).
  • HeyNikkita
    HeyNikkita Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am on day 74 today.
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    I do not log my food intake at all right now, but I log in daily. I sent you a FR.

I started this pregnancy out overweight and with a personal goal of no more than 15lb gain, the Dr said he would like to see no more than 20lb gain. As of this morning, I am up 15lbs now and I still have 5wks5days left. Perhaps I can still stay within the Drs guidelines...

We can work on losing the weight after baby is born :)
  • chocol8doll
    chocol8doll Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You can add me.... im 4 months preggo and my goal is to try and maintain 174 until the third trimester. Im up 2.6 lbs from that and my pre pregnancy weight is 168.
  • hiba_84
    hiba_84 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I didn't start off overweight but I do log (almost) all what i eat. I am 32 weeks
    Feel free to add me
  • SlimDownSarahE
    Options
    Hi everyone!!
    Please feel free to add me. I only just joined today but I am going to 'DO THIS'
    I want to eat well for the last 15weeks of pregnancy and get into good habits for when I am breastfeeding.

I am due August 29th!!
  • hiba_84
    hiba_84 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    ^^ Good luck.
    I added you :)