New (ish) to MFP

Options
amandabethc
amandabethc Posts: 16 Member
Hello ladies,

I'm excited to find this group. I'm a mom of two boys (who are awesome!). My husband and I have been married for 12 years, and I'm absolutely crazy about him. I've been a Christian for about 3 years. We used to homeschool, but things have changed in the past few years. My main motivations for losing weight are my kids and the reminder that God didn't intend for me to destroy the body He created. I want to raise the generation in our family that doesn't struggle with weight.

I work full time at a cancer center as a financial counselor. Basically, I verify insurance, help patients set up payment plans, help them apply for financial assistance, pre-certify procedures, and any other random insurance/money problem that comes up for patients. I LOVE my job. I don't love sitting at a desk all day.

I would love to get to know some other Christian women who are also working to lose weight :)

Replies

• mghollis
    mghollis Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi. :) Good to meet you.

I'm homeschooling right now. But we're going to be moving from one state that is fairly lax to another state, that isn't. STRESS!!!

So, if you don't like your desk job, what do you do for exercise?
  • amandabethc
    amandabethc Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I love my job! I just wish I got to move around more. I walk each night with my husband and our dogs. I don't log it, but I walk with him about 5 days a week. On the weekends, I walk the dogs by myself. I do count that. :) Sometimes the walks with the Mister are pretty slow paced so we can catch up with each other.

Switching states can be stressful! We homeschooled in Tennessee , which was super easy. Good luck with your move!