SOS shout out Sundays 5/4/15

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,234 Member
So how goes it? Progress? Plateau? What has been going on?

I have a thought I wanted to share. Something really on my mind past 4 months. I was thinking of my fitness history. I used to have a personal trainer and I did boot camp four times a week. Of course I was 15 pounds lighter than 2. And I think now how I still workout but of course it's not boot camp for personal training. I begin to wonder if what you're going to do should be something sustainable. In other words if I was still doing that old fitness plan I probably would still be 15 pounds lighter but I couldn't afford to keep paying a personal trainer or afford the boot camp class. It wasn't sustainable. Whatever fitness or food you're going to eat should be something you can maintain.. To keep the weight off and stay healthy. Trust me I don't regret doing those exercises in my past they taught me a lot. However I think it was little foolish to think I could maintain that and think I can maintain my weight by walking. Just my thought learned about myself.

Replies

• WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    WW,
    Sustainability of your workout (and your food too) is important, you are totally correct. I think for me, I've seen it more on the food side looking back on all the foolish "diets" I did. I lost weight great while I was on them, but I couldn't stick to them (I'm sorry any food plan that starts or ends with "You can't have...." doesn't work for me, I can't cut out the stuff I love, well, I can for a short period of time, but then I crash and burn. I have to be able to sustain a healthy way of eating that I can have all the things I enjoy in some form of moderation. Fitness is the same thing and I'm going to go through a difficult time with it very soon, now that I don't have my second job to pay for my personal training, after this round that I'm in, I'm going to have to stop (Super Trainer keeps saying that we can sit down with the gym owner to figure it out, which I appreciate, I just don't have the money for it.) But the other side of it for me is that I have been working out like a fiend, eating right (more often than not) and I can't lose, I am completely and utterly stuck and don't know how to fix it and I have been for the past six months (I'm going with this because prior to that I was consistently gaining inspite of everything I was doing.)

I think the hardest part for all of us, once we figure out what we're doing isn't getting us where we want, is figuring out how to fix it in a way that we can maintain it.

I had a horrible week last week in many ways, until I chatted with an angel on Friday afternoon while waiting in line at a Subway for lunch and then things seemed to turn, so here's hoping for a better week for all of us!
    WCB