Greetings from WV Blades in Utah

Options
Odwaroftorn
Odwaroftorn Posts: 110 Member
I joined mfp last week and so far haven't seen anything drop except my calorie intake. No poundage yet.

I began fencing in '93 under a Russian master who'd been a three time national champion in the 50's or 60's. Oh that my skills were a quarter as good as my pedigree, but I do win some and almost win others. I have moved into coaching and wile I can demonstrate and teach, I want to actually give my youthful students more than a demonstration to get them up to speed, I want to demonstrate to them at speed.

I need to lose a good 40 pounds to do this. I've used different dieting principles for many years and I just stay at 180. A friend of mine has lost 19 pounds since she began this program, so here I am.

I coach and fence out of West Valley Blades in Utah. Foil is my first love and if it wasn't for directors not quite understanding right of way, would be my only love, but epee serves me quite well for competition as it "removes" the director. (A large part of the problem being the director is standing about four feet from competitors due to the small sq ft of most clubs and can't really see the whole picture, just too close, epee fixes that.

Well, hopefully this calorie counting will do what nothing else so far has, shed the pounds and inches so I can fit into my smaller FIE jacket again.

Jeff