Welcome and Intro

AubsandEms
AubsandEms Posts: 16 Member
Welcome!

I am excited to be a part of a group of mommies who are going through a lot of the same experiences at the same time.

Please reply below with a little intro on yourself and your goals. It's not always about numbers! Only share what you are comfortable with. It's all about supporting each other and not about judging.

I hope that each of you feels comfortable in sharing articles, news, information or any other sort of health tips or recipes that we can all benefit from.

Replies

• AubsandEms
    Hello,

It's been a wild couple of years for my weight going up and down. I got in pretty good shape for my wedding, then a year later was pregnant with my first, gained 30 lbs and lost 25lbs of it. Then I was pregnant again and gained another 40 lbs. I did loose all of it but as soon as I reached my goal my motivation was gone and sleeping instead of exercise became a priority. I gained a lot of the weight back and that's where I've been at for a little while now. I was so exhausted from being up all night with my little one and up all day with the older one, plus work and family life, I just couldn't find the time for me. Now I feel like I have to make it a priority to find time for me. I need to eat healthier and with my new job I am able to get out and walk more, most days.

My goal is to lose 20-25lbs. My mother in law is doing Wonderslim and I'm thinking about joining her so that we can motivate each other, but I haven't actually ordered any food yet. There is a referral plan that saves us both $20 if anyone is interested? I plan to walk at least 30 min 3 times a week while at work and I want to walk at least one big walk with my girls on the weekend. I am also trying to up my water intake. I know that I have to eat better. We have catered food twice a week at work sometimes more and I need to make better choices and more portion control. I cook almost every night but I need to add in more vegetables and less red meat. All things I will be working on over the next weeks and months to come. At least summer is on it's way so we can get outside more!
  • rpalleschi
    rpalleschi Posts: 3
    Thank you for setting this group up! Before I got pregnant I lost 40 pounds and was the thinnest I'd been since High school! And more importantly - I was in really great shape. I gained a bit back when I had a miscarriage and then 45 pounds when I was pregnant. I'm finally back to exercising and it has been helping. I've lost about 16 pounds since January! I'm trying to set short term goals for myself - so the next goal is to lose 15 pounds by the time we go to Hawaii at the end of August. My ultimate goal is to be as strong as I was - and to fit in all the clothes in my closet!

I've started going to The Fit Potato in Dublin. Its a small gym with small group fitness classes. It really helps cause it keeps it fun for me! I just need to keep up my momentum and start adding in more weekend exercise/activity.
  • AubsandEms
    What days/times do you do fit potato? It's just about a mile from my house. I've been debating if I should join a gyms/fitness place. The problem with some I've looked at at the class times don't seem to work with my schedule. Some are pretty pricey too which I would like to stay away from.
  • rpalleschi
    rpalleschi Posts: 3
    I try to go to the 5 pm classes on Monday- Thursday and 8 am on Saturday (so then I'm done for the day!). He also has classes Tues/Thurs at 6 pm and I think 7 pm that are good. Or if you are an early riser...5:30 am. Its just way too early for me! I love how close it is - just over a mile for me. So I can run out the door 5 minutes before class - it works perfect!