Anybody eating beans?

Options
optimisticShark
optimisticShark Posts: 136 Member
Anybody eating beans while on raw food? I had read that beans are considered as part of raw food diet.

I am looking for some bean recipes. Whatever recipes I know are cooked ones. I was able to get a hummus recipe video on youtube which they say can be included in raw diet.

Replies

• RawIndian
    RawIndian Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Just steam cook beans (with a little salt if desired) and then mix with onions maybe and eat it like a Indian Chaat.
  • optimisticShark
    Options
    Yeah I like steam cooked beans. But I was under impression that steam cooking is not a part of raw diet.

I will give it a try. I miss eating beans a lot.
    Just steam cook beans (with a little salt if desired) and then mix with onions maybe and eat it like a Indian Chaat.
  • JenD1066
    JenD1066 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Cooked beans are not raw.
    However, one is considered a raw foodist if they consume over 75% of their calories uncooked.
    This leaves plenty of wiggle room for a serving of beans.

And plenty of beans can be sprouted, and eaten raw. Garbanzos are the ones that come to mind- I've made hummus with sprouted garbanzos.
  • RawIndian
    RawIndian Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Whether Steaming beans is raw or not is debatable nevertheless it is a very healthy food. I would strongly suggest eating them.

In fact I plan to start eating them daily.
  • optimisticShark
    Options
    Yeah I am planning to give a try to sprouted garbanzo bean hummus this weekend.

I had been eating beans regularly before I started on raw food and since I have always been a vegetarian, it gave my body necessary nutrients. Not that raw food doesn't provide necessary nutrition, but last week there were days where I missed taking in greens continuously for 4 days and was feeling very weak yesterday morning.
    Cooked beans are not raw.
    However, one is considered a raw foodist if they consume over 75% of their calories uncooked.
    This leaves plenty of wiggle room for a serving of beans.

And plenty of beans can be sprouted, and eaten raw. Garbanzos are the ones that come to mind- I've made hummus with sprouted garbanzos.
  • optimisticShark
    Options
    Yeah even I might bring back beans in my diet. May be stick to 1 cup a day initially to track. That way even if I miss by greens on some days, I would still be good nutrition wise.
    Whether Steaming beans is raw or not is debatable nevertheless it is a very healthy food. I would strongly suggest eating them.

In fact I plan to start eating them daily.
  • Tiffico
    Tiffico Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I really have wanted to add beans to my diet, but always feel like I'm not doing the sprouting right. I've tried making my own hummus and it just never tastes right or has the right texture.