Accuracy

Alycyn1980
Alycyn1980 Posts: 62 Member
Hi All

I have been using my band fully since Saturday and I am just wanting to know how accurate is the band. I seem to have walked 2300 steps already and I find that hard to believe as when I used my Walkroid previously I was lucky if I walked 2500 in the whole day at work. Does the band pick up any kind of movement as a step? i.e sitting at my desk and moving papers about or simply typing? Not wanting to think that I have done my 10000steps in a day when in realtiy is it a lot less!!!

Thanks in advance

PS I can be added alycyn1980@gmail.com

Replies

• Truella
    Truella Posts: 4 Member
    I think it's pretty accurate. I did some tests when I first got it with other pedometers.
  • MCLA4mom
    MCLA4mom Posts: 219 Member
    I know what you mean. Its hard to believe I get that many steps in. There are days I stay at home and in pajamas and I always get 10,000 steps at least!
  • shrekfx
    shrekfx Posts: 3
    The thing with jawbone up is it's an activity bracelet so it will track steps from all movement. I just took my fitbit flex back and got the up24 today. The flex tracked 10k steps in 8 hours. About 1k was from driving. 500 one way. That is way not right. The up24 did about 60 steps so far driving. I also use runstasic gps app on my phone and matched it to the up on an activity time. It was accurate to the tenth of a mile. So so far I am liking it.