Anyone else have trouble with just one move?

Options
EmiDeeDoo
EmiDeeDoo Posts: 32 Member
I can push through just about everything except the "Running Man". I'm not sure what it is that knocks me out of the loop, maybe it's just an arm/leg coordination thing, but I haven't been able to keep up specifically with that one yet. I end up doing it part way and then running in place until they move to the next thing.

Probably definitely coordination, actually. I stumble on the skaters too. :(

Replies

• rebeccawesterfield5
    rebeccawesterfield5 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Running Man is killer, I just keep telling myself "It is only 30 seconds, it is only 30". If that is not the longest 30 seconds, I don't know what is! Today it took everything in me to finish, it is my day 4! We can do this!! If it is hard, that means it is working, right?!?!
  • rwieber
    rwieber Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    When I first started, I couldn't finish it all without rest. It does get easier. I did the first level for 10 workout days (2 1/2 weeks). I'd rather get stronger and manage to get thru each level with better form than move on to the next level just because its been 5 days.

Keep on pushing thru it....you can do it!!
  • EmiDeeDoo
    Options
    Well, I'm glad it's not just me! It looks like such an easy thing on the screen too, it's hard to see them doing it all smiles while I'm flailing like a landed fish.

I managed to do it a little more today, so I'm gonna pretend I'm already getting stronger. :P
  • hmrey76
    hmrey76 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    RUNNING MAN!!!! lol

I just finished week 1 and can now do it without have to pause and restart....that cardio circuit is the longest 2 minutes of my day! :) haha
  • tmjdunn
    tmjdunn Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I also loathe the running man. I too keep telling myself you can do anything for 30 seconds, but i feel like that second set is longer than 30 seconds...probably isn't but man does it feel like it. Nothing wrong with switching to running in place if needed...keep moving, keep your HR up, keep burning. I am on day four today and I think the side lunge and raises are finally starting to get a bit easier. I am still only using my 2 lb weights on them but I don't feel like my arms are going to fall off quite as badly.
  • Diesel_Girl
    Diesel_Girl Posts: 39
    Options
    I'm so glad I'm not alone on the running man move. Man, that's killer. But it sure beats having to do burpees...
  • hmrey76
    Options
    I'm so glad I'm not alone on the running man move. Man, that's killer. But it sure beats having to do burpees...

AGREE! I hate burpees more! lol
  • Hungry_Annie
    Hungry_Annie Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time with the side lunges with the front raise, so I just do the raise and step back and forth. I have terrible form on that lunge, I hurt my knee doing the SHred last year so I don't wanna chance it.
    I also don't like the Running man, my feet always hurt!!
  • agent85
    agent85 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    side lunges. uhg. i have the hardest time keeping my knee over my ankle. it just wants to go forward. i guess i'm just not very flexible. glad i'm not alone.
  • hmrey76
    Options
    side lunges. uhg. i have the hardest time keeping my knee over my ankle. it just wants to go forward. i guess i'm just not very flexible. glad i'm not alone.

push your butt back when you do the lunge, it will help with keeping the knee over the ankle. :)
  • EmiDeeDoo
    Options
    I have such a tiny space, I can't do the side lunges as they're shown. I widen my legs and do stationary side lunges where I don't step out. I baaaarely have room for the forward lunges, but there's no way I can think of to modify or replace them.
  • tmjdunn
    tmjdunn Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I have such a tiny space, I can't do the side lunges as they're shown. I widen my legs and do stationary side lunges where I don't step out. I baaaarely have room for the forward lunges, but there's no way I can think of to modify or replace them.

I do the exact same thing. I am also working out in a fairly cramped space. glad I am not the only one who has modifies the side lunges.
  • kducky22
    kducky22 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Just a helpful hint to anyone interested.. the move in the first week where you lunge to the side and bring your arms up was really starting to hurt my knees after a couple days. I ended up altering the move to the one we had in the 30DS and my knees don't hurt anymore and I'm getting a much better workout (better form too!).

Basically instead of starting with your feet together and stepping out, I start with my feet wide apart and just lunge to one side from that position. My feet don't move, but I still get a good side lunge and arm raise. It is much easier to control if the knee goes over the foot and I still get in a really good move targeting all the muscles she wants me to.
  • eep223
    eep223 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Just a helpful hint to anyone interested.. the move in the first week where you lunge to the side and bring your arms up was really starting to hurt my knees after a couple days. I ended up altering the move to the one we had in the 30DS and my knees don't hurt anymore and I'm getting a much better workout (better form too!).

Basically instead of starting with your feet together and stepping out, I start with my feet wide apart and just lunge to one side from that position. My feet don't move, but I still get a good side lunge and arm raise. It is much easier to control if the knee goes over the foot and I still get in a really good move targeting all the muscles she wants me to.

Great tip, there! I couldn't remember what exactly was different from 30DS, but that's it!

I just completed Day 1 and was having trouble getting the form correct. I've been having knee pain lately, and that was one that gave me trouble during 30DS, so I am taking it S-L-O-W and really focusing on correct form. I'm not sure I'll be able to keep it up through the whole level, but we'll see. I'll start with your tip!
  • agent85
    agent85 Posts: 23 Member
    Options

oh yeah! i knew something was different! i'm going back to this too for my last day of level 1.
  • newfie026
    newfie026 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    My big problem is those darned ab holds and table thingies. I finally realized that my arms are too short to lift my body correctly. I have the same problem with the cool down. I cannot do the quad stretch with my two hands, only one. Cannot change a long body, unfortunately...
  • EmiDeeDoo
    Options
    I tried the week two yesterday and immediately went back to the first. It's not that the moves were physically difficult, but I couldn't follow the movements. My hand-eye coordination is really awful and I couldn't work out how to mimick the girls on the screen. :(
  • crys_aintgivingup
    crys_aintgivingup Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Running Man is killer, I just keep telling myself "It is only 30 seconds, it is only 30". If that is not the longest 30 seconds, I don't know what is! Today it took everything in me to finish, it is my day 4! We can do this!! If it is hard, that means it is working, right?!?!

THIS.
  • crys_aintgivingup
    crys_aintgivingup Posts: 115 Member
    Options

oh yeah! i knew something was different! i'm going back to this too for my last day of level 1.

THANK YOU! My knees have been hurting too which is strange because I've been running for weeks now with no knee pain. I'll definitely try your suggestion tmr.
  • Diesel_Girl
    Diesel_Girl Posts: 39
    Options
    My big problem is those darned ab holds and table thingies. I finally realized that my arms are too short to lift my body correctly. I have the same problem with the cool down. I cannot do the quad stretch with my two hands, only one. Cannot change a long body, unfortunately...

I have a hard time with the ab hold things too. I never realized I had short arms until then. I found that if I use one of my weight plates under each hand it helps tremendously and I can actually do the workout. If you don't have plates, you could try and hard back book or a rolled up towel.