Hello Fellow Whovians!

Options
1BadWolf1
1BadWolf1 Posts: 11 Member
Hey guys, I'm Jess, just wanted to introduce myself. I run an artist page over at Facebook.com/JeDentonArt, you guys should check it out! :)
Also, just want to start some discussion:
1.) Favorite incarnation of the doctor/season/episode?

My favorite incarnation of The Doctor is a big toss-up between Tennant + Smith.
Favorite season: hmm, The season with Amy + 11, I can't remember the number.
Favorite episode is most definitely "New Earth", season 2 with 10 + Rose! <3
2.) What your weight loss goal? 10, 20, 50+ lbs?
I am wanting to lose between 50 + 100 lbs.

Replies

• TheDoctorDonna10
    Options
    Hi, i'm Jess as well :smile: My favorite incarnation is 10, I just love his personality. I don't think I can possibly pick a favorite season or episode though, I have love for them all! My goal is quite high, around 130 lbs, but i'm determined!
  • DoctahJenn
    DoctahJenn Posts: 616 Member
    Options

I love Tennant. I love Eccleston. But I have the most unbelievable soft spot for Hartnell.

As for a favorite season... I really, really liked Eccleston's season. I liked the characters, I liked the stories, I liked the aliens. I *loved* the sass.

My favorite episode is harder. I'd have to say The Family of Blood, because to me, that was the first time we really saw Tennant shine. He was always good, but that episode really made us care for him.

20 is the "goal" but I wouldn't argue at 25. :)
  • SoosannahK
    SoosannahK Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Outstanding idea.

-Fav doc- #4 Tom Baker. He was my first doctor. I remembering watching Doctor Who on PBS on Saturdays with my dad when I was little. He was a big Who fan. Don't know what he would think about the new ones if he were still with us though.

-Fav Season- Oh that one is really hard. Loved 9's one whole season, and most of 10's except for the Martha ones. Not a fan. While I totally shipped 10 and Rose, I love the seasons with Donna. She is my all time favorite companion just because she is so sassy. Took me awhile to adjust to Matt Smith. I feel he was played out though and I am ready for Capaldi just for something new.

Episode- S2E13 Doomsday or S4E13 Journeys End. So many FEELS!! And the 50th anniversary special. Loved John Hurt.

I want to lose around 60lbs then we will see when I get there!
  • Miamiuu
    Miamiuu Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    My tardis has landed.
  • JuliRamone
    JuliRamone Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    1) Favorite incarnation: Ten.
    Favorite season? - *brain explodes*, can't handle that question
    Favorite episode: If you put a gun on my head I'd say "The girl in the fireplace" because it's an amazing one, and it's the one episode that made me fall in love with doctor who.

2) Weight loss goal: around 30-40lbs.
  • navygrrl
    navygrrl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm Kathy.

I love them all, and I wish we could have seen more John Hurt now.
    Favorite eps with Nine - The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances
    Favorite eps with Ten - Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead - especially after finding out who River is.
    Turn Left is one of my all time favorites, but it's Doctor-lite.
    Favorite eps with Eleven - The Girl Who Waited

My goal is 77 pounds total, so I have about 55 to go.
  • 1BadWolf1
    1BadWolf1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Great to meet you all! :D and DoctahJenn, I love your adipose ticker! I think when I reach my goal, i'm going to get a tattoo of adipose escaping lol
  • TheDoctorDonna10
    Options
    adipose-o.gif
  • benaddict
    benaddict Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    Hm... I'd want him to take me to an alternate universe where Benedict Cumberbatch is in love with me, and then LEAVE ME THERE lol! And I'd take my lingerie. :love: :laugh:

Seriously though, I'd wanna go to France in the future to see what it's like there. And I'd take my postcard collection (and hopefully add to it on the trip)!
  • DoctorMcCoy10
    DoctorMcCoy10 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    815834192.jpg

Oh Benedict!!!!

*Sorry if the pic is huge! And not Doctor Who related lol this one is for Benaddict : )
  • DoctorMcCoy10
    Options

Honestly I couldn't pick just one I love them all!!!
    Favorite Episode with Nine - Fathers Day
    Favorite Episode with Ten - Human Nature and Silence in the Library(Rewatching this one now breaks my heart.) :brokenheart:
    Favorite Epidode with Eleven - Vincent and the Doctor
    Favorite Special Episode - A Christmas Carol

I want to lose around 100lbs. 17 down 9 trillion more to go :laugh:
  • JamieD328
    JamieD328 Posts: 976 Member
    Options

I can't pick a favorite Doctor from the new series, it would be like picking a favorite child. Originals, I've really watched 1 thru 3, but I really liked Pertwee.
    Favorite season was Donna's, but favorite episodes are all over the place: The Girl in the Fireplace, The End of Time, Blink, The Beast Below...

2.) Weight loss goal?

30 to 40lbs or approximately 13 to 18 Adipose babies.
  • benaddict
    benaddict Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    815834192.jpg

Oh Benedict!!!!

*Sorry if the pic is huge! And not Doctor Who related lol this one is for Benaddict : )

Oh man, I wish that was a real magazine cover! I would own as many as I could! Sadly I think it's photoshopped, but it's still HOT.
  • DoctorMcCoy10
    Options
    There goes photoshop breaking my heart again !
  • RavenhairedWoman
    RavenhairedWoman Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Hey there, I'm Brenna (Which means raven haired woman, hence the username).

I suck at picking favorites so I am going to say that I, at the very least, love all of the new doctors but for different reasons. I love how they have each managed to take the character of The Doctor and show us a different side of him. I love how we can get so attached to each companion and each generation of The Doctor.

So you knew this was coming but if I can't pick a favorite Doctor how could you expect me to pick a favorite Episode? (>_<)

I have around 88lbs or so to lose. We will see when I get down closer to my goal range. I am namely aiming for good health and being stronger. I will know when my body is where I need it to be.
  • Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Hello all. My name is Kim, I wrestle between Tennant and Smith as being fav.... when I watch Smith he is my favorite, but then I'll watch a Tennant episode and he instantly rises to number 1. I just have so many loves for Tennant on a whole. I really liked Rose and I really liked Amy pond. Favorite episode? Probably "Blink" with Tennant and then later "The Time of Angels" with Smith. I find the Angels terrifying and I love it. lol.

I'm here to lose 50-60 ish. Whenever I feel good and healthy again, strong and confident. The last time I lost a lot of weight I had lost 90lbs and was still never happy thinking I had to be a magical number, when I look back at pics and remember how I felt and looked.... I was perfect just as I was, so I don't want to make the same mistake this time. I want to lose to the point that I feel good about myself again. And also enough that I could run to keep up with The Doctor when he comes to whisk me away!
  • itsbiggerontheinside
    itsbiggerontheinside Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm Traci and my favorite would have to Tennant. I have a very hard time choosing just one favorite episode though. I'm pretty sure I could choose a favorite part in every episode. But, I am a huge sucker for the goodbyes...gets me every time. For that reason, I'm going to say The Doctor's Wife. I love that we get to hear the tardis' voice and to see that physical connection. I may have sobbed a little...not saying goodbye to Rose sobbing but still.

And umm, I would like to lose around 50 to 60 pounds.
  • roxywho42
    roxywho42 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Roxanne

11, 4, 10, 5, then it's a confusing mess until 6 is last. I really wish we could see more of Hurt. I think that if we did then he'd probably come right after 4 for me. I also think I'm going to really love Capaldi.

As for companions, I adore Rory and Amy as well as Rose. I really like Donna. I'm not very fond of Clara.

Favorite episode ever is Vincent. I was a Van Gogh fan long before I was a Whovian, but I am very Whovian now, so the marriage of the 2 was amazing for me. I also adore The Doctor's Wife and The Empty Child.

Right now I think my goal is 65 pounds, but I'm not sure because my real goal is size 4 jeans.
  • UmmSqueaky
    UmmSqueaky Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    I never introduced myself :o

While my first doctor was 9, my favorite doctor is 8. While he only got that one TV movie and a few minutes in Night of the Doctor (my favorite part of the 50th), he has been carrying on having adventures thanks to Big Finish (http://bigfinish.com/). I'm a huuuuuuge big finish groupie! They really should give me a commission - throw me a few pennies for every person I get to look t their website lol. Thousands of hours of new audio adventures featuring classic doctors and companions, as well as spin offs featuring Jago and Lightfoot, Iris Wildthyme, UNIT and more.

We got a fabulous 50th anniversary story featuring all 8 classic doctors with Light at the End. 4-8 were played by their original actors, each accompanied by a classic companion.

Favorite episode is every single thing I've listened to from Big Finish. Give me moar classic doctors, moar classic companions, moar moar moar moar moar!

Can you tell I love big finish?

My initial goal is 75 lbs. I'm 40 lbs into it. I have no idea what I'll look like at that target goal of 130 lbs, so the final number may be lower.