Day 6

Options
Got out yesterday ....I have to say my biggest surprise was my lack of mental clarity, I really had to focus while driving and then again going through the grocery store..effects of the low cal? Did do more yesterday and took two naps. I have slept more since my surgery than in the last couple of months! Feeling even better today and I think I will push it a little on todays walk...push it a little instead of just going for a walk. I did try to sneak up my calories a little and got into the 500s so maybe thats my extra energy. Hope you all have an excellent day.
Cheers,
AD

Replies

• garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    Considering you are only on day 6, I think being a little fuzzy is normal, as is being super tired. Surgery really traumatizes your body. Sounds like you are doing all the right things and you are doing good!!
  • trinity9058
    trinity9058 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I love reading these!! It really gives me an idea of what's doing to happen with mine. I hope I do as well as you do! You're doing great! (pretend Tony the Tiger said that)

:laugh:
  • AdrenilineDad
    Options
    Took my biggest walk yet...felt pretty good still and then started trimming the hedges...key word started. Trying to shower felt like trying to finish a marathon....nap time! Think I should have just settled for the walk. Cant say Im hungry at all or feel like having water but know I should Ill try to keep sipping on my water bottle. I know how much others post helped me so I thought I would post at least the start of my journey.
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    You are doing great, but don't overdo and make sure to stay hydrated. Someone else on one of these weight loss surgery boards recently went back to the hospital and one of the reasons was dehydration. So don't forget to sip as you walk. :wink:
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Trimming hedges, silly rabbit. My blood sugar went from over 100 to a constant 80. Getting dressed was effort, carrying my purse was effort. I can honestly say I felt no motivation to tackle yard work:). Measure your intake, if you get too dry you will start vomiting and then nothing stays down.