Fitbit Friends

Options
PatrickB_87
PatrickB_87 Posts: 738 Member
Hi Everyone,

I've had my fitbit flex for a little over two weeks now and am loving it so far (ok not so much on the days that you discover you can be less then "sedentary"). It's bee much more helpful in tracking my steps and calories burned and adjusting my daily net calories. It's also been great motivation to push a little further each time.

Anywho I know their are a few other fitbit users and i'm just looking to see if anyone wants to be friends on fitbit, it's nice to see how others are doing and to have a little friendly competition on your total step count.

Let me know if your interested. My link is https://www.fitbit.com/user/2GWYQS

Replies

• KarenZen
    KarenZen Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    I don't have a fitbit, but I'm logging on Nexercise. Can you synch your fitbit to that? If yes, I'll friend you so we can compete!
  • idlehands79
    idlehands79 Posts: 37
    Options
    How does that work? Is it like a pedometer?
  • PatrickB_87
    Options
    How does that work? Is it like a pedometer?

Hi Idlehands,

The Fitbitflex is a wrist based pedometer. The make other none wrist based pedometers, more traditional but small and sexier, that also sync to their mobile app and social network.

With mine you basically wear it 24/7. Its water proof so you can take it in the shower or go swimming with it (I don't and its not meant to measure strokes). It tracks all your steps and stair climbs for 24hrs and syncs to your phone or computer and to their site (wich you can use to track and set goals and connect with friends and compete with your progress). It has lights on it that tell you in 1/6th increments how close you are to your daily step goal (mines 9,000 right now). It vibrates and flashes when you reach your goal.

It then automatically syncs to Myfitnesspal and shows up as part of your exercise. It also daily recalculates your BMI for you. So since I have my BMI with my fitness pal is set to calculate for a sedentary activity level the fitbit replaces that estimation of how active I am with how active I really am (since sedentary is an estimation and in reality it fluctuates and the Fitbit does a better job saying exactly how active I am thought the day), in return my calorie allowance is adjusted each day through the day.
  • PatrickB_87
    Options
    I don't have a fitbit, but I'm logging on Nexercise. Can you synch your fitbit to that? If yes, I'll friend you so we can compete!

Hi karen,

I'll take a look and see if I can.
  • mikesgirl4evr
    mikesgirl4evr Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    RatPat...I have a fitbit Flex as well. I'm going to send you a friend request.
  • PatrickB_87
    Options
    Hurray, I finally have a fitbit friend. Thanks so much.