Spicy food

Options
Mangopickle
Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
Uuughh, made a pig of myself on Thin and trim buffalo chicken breast.( completely yummy, whole pack 160 calories!) Now in agony. I just miss spicy food so much. And this stuff is nothing compared to medium Thai. New tummy very upset. I had already taken my Nexium so I thought I could get away with it. Gonna be a long night, sigh...

Replies

• garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    Hope you feel better! I have had no problem with spicy food, which is good because I LOVE spicy food. Just shows how everyone experiences life post-surgery differently!
  • sue100194
    sue100194 Posts: 129
    Options
    That sounds delicious. I'm sorry its not agreeing with you. :(
    I've been putting Cholula on everything lately. Especially cottage cheese and eggs. Hope you feel better soon.
  • pattycakes726
    pattycakes726 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Hope you're feeling better! I have no problem with spicy food (lucky for me!) but rice makes me puke every time. I've finally decided I 'll just never be able to eat it again.
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Hope you're feeling better! I have no problem with spicy food (lucky for me!) but rice makes me puke every time. I've finally decided I 'll just never be able to eat it again.

Luckily, Sushi Train makes Treasure Island. It is a cup made of avocado holding Tuna,salmon and white tuna sitting on a nest of daikon in a sea of lightly spiced roe dressing. No rice! So I can return to taking the kid for a sushi . I can get away with lightly spiced but no more tbsp of wasabi for me :(. Somehow I managed to forget the agony of Thai curry 3 months ago. How I could forget abdominal cramping that brought me to my knees is so indicative of my food pathology!
  • teachren
    teachren Posts: 78
    Options
    Oh..that's too bad you have issues with spice. I find it's the best way to zing up otherwise bland meals or the repetitiveness of our diet.

Have you considered just going with fresh herbs to add some flavour? Mint, cilantro, thai basil and the like add that exotic flair without heat. I use them regularly.

Good luck!
  • happydales
    happydales Posts: 10
    Options
    I can't tolerate spine now either. I really hopes it changes as time goes by. So sorry you are having problems.

Laurie
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I have issues with spicy food now too. I've haven't eaten enough all at one sitting to cause major pain, but will get a tummy ache from it. I take a generic form of Prilosec daily, but for those times between when the heartburn flares, I take a Malox, that really helps. Hope you feel better soon.
  • rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Man! I hope my love for spicy doesn't go away! When I am eating well, I tend to add more spices and heat, and I have always lived hot and spicy. Glad to hear some of you are still able to eat spicy.

ETA: To clarify, I hope my tolerance for spicy doesn't go away. if it does, then I hope my love for it goes with it!

Rob
  • plmelquist
    plmelquist Posts: 42
    Options
    I am 10 days out and craving spicy like crazy. Luckily, they taste delicious. I bought some refried beans with green chile and lime and add Frank's Red Hot sauce to it. Yum!
  • Cinzano1959
    Cinzano1959 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi, sorry your not agreeing with spicy food, i have no problem 6 weeks out.