Protein Rich Snacks

Hello to all,
Hope your week has been good so far. I'm reaching out to you all because now that I'm eating healthier, I'm having a hard time eating all of my calories and finding protein rich snacks. What do you all eat to fulfill your protein requirement? I've tried to eat more protien during my meals, but there's no room! lol Any advice would help.
Thank you!

Replies

• eboyd32
    eboyd32 Posts: 9 Member
    Marilyn, a quick and easy go to (especially if you are looking for protein + fat) is hard boiled eggs. You can also work up some quality points by buying your eggs patured/pasture raised. Another one that takes a little bit more time and effort is homemade beef jerky. I like this option because it is very lean in the case that you've already eaten plenty of fat. I like to marinate it in coconut aminos (a soy sauce replacement), a little fruit juice (negligible sugar if you just marinate the meat with it as long as you get good quality), and spices like chipotle powder, smoked paprika, salt, etc. I'll marinate overnight, then use my dehydrator. An oven on the lowest temp possible will do the same.
  • eboyd32
    Another protein + fat snack is pemmican (basically tastes like an all natural Slim Jim lol). Here's how you make it:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/how-to-make-pemmican/
  • Thanks, Erick! I definitely have the hard boiled eggs one down. But I really like the beef jerky option. I will be sure to give it a try.
    Thank you! :)
  • eboyd32
    No problem :)