what happened?

Options
I have been doing SL for 2months now, progressing nicely on every lift. I also run and do step aerobics and sometimes I have both a lift and hard run on the same day- I recover just fine.
This week on Tuesday I added T25 beach body workouts in the morning before work- its mostly cardio with some muscle isolating movements, push ups crunches, lunges....
Last night was a lift day, 100lb squat yay! then came the OHP...... I had been up to 65lbs on my last set which was on saturday the week before. I loaded 70 on my bar (i should note my bar only weights 12lbs and i have always added the full lifting weight to the bar, so its really 70+12) and i couldnt get it over my head.

I deloaded to 65- couldnt do it,

I had to deload to 50 stinkin lbs!!!! and that was tough to complete

I may have taxed my upper body with pullup training and rope climbs- but still I have never had to deload so much!

does anyone else have moments like this?

Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    You are over working your body.
  • jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options
    I have some regression days, but it usually coincides with that muscle group being worked too much with an earlier workout or me not eating enough to refuel.

If you want to continue to progress with your lifting AND still do the T25 work, you will need to increase your food to adequately fuel your lifts or expect there to be days where your lifts regress because the muscles have already been worked and haven't recovered from the work hours earlier. Pushups will tax the shoulders as well and chances are they didn't really recover before you tried OHP. The upper body is a smaller group of muscles than legs and will tire faster.
  • aplhabetacheesecake
    aplhabetacheesecake Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I have some regression days, but it usually coincides with that muscle group being worked too much with an earlier workout or me not eating enough to refuel.

If you want to continue to progress with your lifting AND still do the T25 work, you will need to increase your food to adequately fuel your lifts or expect there to be days where your lifts regress because the muscles have already been worked and haven't recovered from the work hours earlier. Pushups will tax the shoulders as well and chances are they didn't really recover before you tried OHP. The upper body is a smaller group of muscles than legs and will tire faster.

Thank you, I figured It was either due to the additional workouts or my calorie deficit, I think I will start to cycle calories on those double hard workout days, thanks for your response!
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    What's the point of doing all of this?

What are you goals?