Goals

Options
corrine1973
corrine1973 Posts: 209 Member
I thought we could share our goals here so we could support each other. :wink:

I have had a few goals since I started. I have an ultimate goal but I also have smaller goals to help me stay motivated.
My ultimate goal when I started back in April of 2012 was to get down to 160 lbs. I am 5' 7" and medium bones so I thought that that would be a good place to end. Now that I am getting closer to my goal I am thinking 150-155 but I will wait until I get to 160 to see how I feel.
When I first started my goal was to be under 200 lbs by the time I went to Disney at the end May in 2013. I didn't make it but I was down about 30 lbs so I was feeling good.
Since I started up again back at the end of January I made a short term goal of loosing 20 lbs by June 1st. I reached that goal in April and in so doing so also reached my original goal of being under 200 lbs.
My new short term goal is to loose another 10 lbs by July 1st. I have already lost a little over 4 lbs toward that goal. I like to set short term goals that are not hard to reach so I don't get discouraged.
I still have about 30 lbs to go until my ultimate goal and then I will decide if I want to loose another 5-10 lbs. The best news is I am moving in the right direction. :happy:

Replies

• Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    My goals are all health related. I have resolved a long list of illnesses by changing what I eat. The weight loss is a nice bonus. I've decided to allow my body to decide where it thinks my weight should settle, though I've entered 151 just to pick a number on MFP. I've had a slow year getting my head back in the game but I never stray too far for too long from my healthy lifestyle. :flowerforyou: