Looking for VEGAN friends!

Options
LisaBeateith2012
LisaBeateith2012 Posts: 346 Member
Hey guys I am new to this Vegan life and need help with food ideas. I preferably need friends who have open diaries. I became Vegan through ethical reasons! Please help me! Peace and love to all! :o))

Replies

• jessicafk11
    jessicafk11 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I classify myself as vegetarian, although I am mainly vegan. At home I'm about 99% there and when we eat out I do what I can, although I'll "settle" for vegetarian if I can't order vegan. I do this for mainly health reasons so allowing myself to eat out as a vegetarian rather than strict vegan makes life less stressful for me.

So, feel free to add me if you'd like to!
  • EvelynBfly78
    EvelynBfly78 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I've been vegan since June 2013. Almost a year. Vegetarian for 2-3 years before that. Part time omni before that. I do vegan now for health & ethical too. Trying to get away from processed foods altogether. That's my struggle.
    Open diary to friends. FR sent your way.
  • vegwrangler
    vegwrangler Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm looking for more veggie-eating friends as well! Open diary to friends and I love sharing recipes!
  • holliehatesyou
    holliehatesyou Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
  • MomiTia
    MomiTia Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian all my life :) albeit an ovo lacto...feel free to add me toi
  • KatyFace9801
    KatyFace9801 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    add me! I love having friends on here and my diary is open. Also- I eat A LOT so you'll get lots of ideas. lol
  • Lard_Vader
    Lard_Vader Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Always open to share ideas and diaries with like-minded people.
  • Territrek
    Territrek Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Add me if you want. I've been vegan for several years. and my diary is open.
  • quagga2007
    quagga2007 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me...just be aware that sometimes my diary looks non-vegan, but only because I am too lazy to create an entry for the vegan item I am actually eating -- such as the vegan Twinkie I got from a vegan restaurant as a treat. Thanks!
  • raij2891
    raij2891 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Vegan 2 years
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me...just be aware that sometimes my diary looks non-vegan, but only because I am too lazy to create an entry for the vegan item I am actually eating -- such as the vegan Twinkie I got from a vegan restaurant as a treat. Thanks!
    VEGAN TWINKIE!?!?! WOO HOO!!!
  • veganbettie
    veganbettie Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    vegan for 7 years open diary!
  • pearlyisblue
    pearlyisblue Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You can all add me! I'm doing a 2 week vegan challenge and plan on continuing on afterwards with the lifestyle change :)
  • ggilbert95
    ggilbert95 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I am also looking for vegan people with an open diary to add. If you are vegan or mostly vegan and don't eat a lot of junk (or want to eat less junk), you can add me.

For the MAJORITY of the time I am vegan, while on occasions I have fish. (I know eating fish is not vegan, but I am on the fence on whether they feel pain or not [also I think the consumption of fish may help with longevity] I will have to read more about it.) I don't eat fish everyday of every week, just a few days a month or less.

I am vegan for mostly health reasons, however I do consider the ethical side of it, so being vegan helps me have a bit more of peace of mind.

I hardly eat vegan junk food (or at least try not to.)

I think looking at my diary can help give other vegans (new) some ideas; my diary is open.

Occasionally I drink alcohol, but I'm NOT a frequent drinker. ( I do this for health reasons as well, I have mother's permission and I only do it at home; I am not breaking the law; I know the law.)

I have been vegan for about 4 years now (since 2010) (with the exception of last summer fall and winter; I stopped for a while then went back in January 2014)

I do not limit my calories, and I am not obsessed with macros; I am mostly focused on my micros.

However, eventually in my 20s I plan on restricting my calories more, I think it will be much easier for me then because I can get my own food instead of having my mom buy it for me. I want to get Ambronite and live off of that LOL XD.

Getting enough protein is pretty easy on a vegan diet- usually the thing I have difficulty with at times is getting enough calcium and iron.

I am trying to be more active, I have a goal of walking at least 4.5 miles a day or more (preferably outside), and doing 1000 cruches everyday.

My goal is not to lose weight; my goal is to lose a little bit of extra fat on my stomach, thigh, hips, and buttocks, and to strengthen my back and abs.

I am not obsessed with my weight, I want to have a healthier muscle to fat ratio/ body fat percentage. I want to maintain my bmi of about 22; I am trying to maintain my weight (I don't want to lose weight, I want to lose fat and gain muscle at the same time) my weight is 140 my height is 5'7" and I am 18.

I am sort of biased and picky and prefer to have vegan (or vegetarian/pescatarian) people on my people/friend list here. This is because I want some one to compare to see how well I am doing and see where I am lacking etc. Also to get food ideas, and share whatever ones I have if people are curious (new to being a vegan). I can't compare well with someone who eat bacon and eggs for breakfast, pork and beef for lunch, and chicken for dinner (pretty much people who eat a whole slaughter house). I can't compare to people doing low carb all meat low calorie diets. They do not have enough micros OR macros from the diaries I have seen. Some may think being a vegan is unhealthy, however I think extremely low calorie (as in 1000 or lower) low carb and a lot of meat (every meal) diet is just suicidal.

Anyways, if any of you looking at this topic happen to come across my post and like/agree with what I said and want to add me, you can add me, just tell me you saw my post on here, and if you have any questions, and etc. However, I would also like to make real friends on here- people to share a healthier lifestyle with.

-Gabrielle
  • morazda
    morazda Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I've been Vegan for 4 years straight now, on and off for the last 10, even have a "Vegan" tattoo on my right wrist.

Feel free to add me, my meal plans are filled with Vegan food and ideas, and I also share recipes and my struggles as a Vegan and losing weight on my MFP and my Blog quite often.

I too am looking for more Vegan friends.
  • veganbettie
    veganbettie Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    how in the world can you be on the fence about a fish feeling pain or not?

......what the .....
  • curlygirl513
    curlygirl513 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I just now opened the diary to public. didn't know public was an option until reading this thread. I'm losing a lot of weight really fast in the first 2 weeks of being a whole foods vegan who doesn't eat refined sugar.

I think the reason I'm losing weight so fast is because although I'm eating 1200 calories as I should, the food I'm now eating is full of fiber. I'm eating whole foods. A lot of programs take into consideration the amount of fiber in what is eaten because fiber filled food is not the same thing as processed food at all.

I'm down 4 pounds in the first week, and I am going to weigh myself tomorrow, (my goal is to record my weight loss 1X per week), I have looked at the scale today and I'm down 6 pounds this week. Ten pounds in two weeks is pretty amazing. I do think it is the fiber affecting my weight loss.
  • sam88keys
    sam88keys Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I've been a vegan for three years, eating healthy for the most part but eating too much of it, hence the weight loss goal. I cook a lot and like to try out new recipes, with a fair stash of vegan cookbooks and nutrition books (and a ton of vegan recipes on Pinterest). I'm also getting back into a regular exercise routine, which is pretty basic for now, at least until I get into the habit of it. My diary is open to friends, if anyone wants to add me.
  • curlygirl513
    curlygirl513 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I realized I have been a vegan since May 11, a Sunday. The problem I had was that I didn't know what calories were in the foods I ate, and I didn't know portion size. I've been on MFP for 13 days and things are going so well. I'm down about 10 pounds in 13 days. I can't really believe it myself. I am a new vegan and I do not eat refined sugar, and I eat whole foods.

I'm really happy with MFP. It's just what I needed. Who knew medjool dates were so incredibly high in calories? I was eating them like they were the last batch ever to be, and no wonder my weight loss stalled.

Now I am really careful to weigh out food and look it up and stay close to the 1200 calories a day I'm apportioned. I actually went over about 1/2 of the days, but not to an extreme. I still lost a ton of weight. 10 pounds in 13 days is unreal.
  • Yilla
    Yilla Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Another vegan looking for friends. Have been vegan for 2 and a half years now and never going back! :D
    Feel free to add me. I love to have more motivating vegan friends!