Date Fruit - New Ideas to Conceal Them?

Options
After reading up on the benefits of eating dates near the end of pregnancy, I've decided to start eating 6 dates a day. Maybe they'll help me to go into labour naturally and maybe they won't, but at least I can say that I tried, right?

Anyway, as it would turn out, I'm not particularly fond of dates and I need some suggestions as to how to eat six of them a day without driving myself crazy.

I pulled out 6 dates and weighed them on my food scale (about 35-40 g) and then I took some diced dates and threw them into a trail mix. The trail mix was delicious and I didn't even notice the dates (too much).

How do you choke them down every day? Any suggestions? I think I might get sick of trail mix eventually so I need some ideas. :smile:

Replies

• BrainOnAStick
    BrainOnAStick Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Make your own Lara bars using dates?
    Smear them with peanut butter?
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    In or on a salad.... Chopped dates on a salad works good.

Stuff them like olives. Put cottage cheese, cream cheese, fresh diced fruits, ice cream or nuts inside of them. My favorite is apples and walnuts.

This all being said - I still am struggling eating the dates. Just don't really like them that much.

So, do tell please - how much chopped dates = 6 dates?
  • emny86
    emny86 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite ways to eat dates. Make a bunch and keep them in the fridge. I usually only use walnuts (omitting the seeds)... They seriously taste like brownies. Yum.

http://www.therawtarian.com/raw-chocolate-truffles-recipe/
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    JustAnotherGirlSuzanne Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    Mmmm... good ideas! Thanks!

6 dates weigh 35 grams which is about a 1/4 cup of them chopped. I weighed 6 dates of medium to large size.
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    Got a couple more ideas for you.
    Add them in zucchini or banana bread. Substitute instead of raisins in raisin bread. Substitute for raisins in oatmeal raisin cookies.
    Also, I tried putting 1/4 cup of them in my oatmeal this morning. They aren't too bad. I would still prefer raisins in my oatmeal over these but they aren't bad at all.