Capaldi

Options
Kimdbro
Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member
I am so wondering how they are going to address this. I've never seen a show even remotely acknowledge when they've already used an actor.... so cool that they are already making a plan.

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2013-09-30/doctor-who-steven-moffat-has-an-explanation-for-peter-capaldis-earlier-appearances

Replies

• DoctahJenn
    DoctahJenn Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    They've used actors multiple times before without mentioning it. Martha, Amy... even Wilfred. (Though their answer that time was that they never said he WASN'T Donna's grandfather.) I had assumed they just employed the usual rule of "Don't acknowledge it."
  • itsbiggerontheinside
    itsbiggerontheinside Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    But they did acknowledge Martha! In her first episode he says "you look familiar" and she says "you met my cousin at the bank(?) last summer"....or well, something to that effect. I have a crap memory for quotes and such but it was the stolen moon episode.
  • MismatchedAlmonds
    MismatchedAlmonds Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    They have a plan to acknowledge it, but they aren't revealing it, so the blogs tell me.

...And you. If I had read the whole post I would have known that. *headdesk*

My guess is that it ends up being a major plot point--like he accidentally stumbles on himself and gets confused. Just like Matt Smith kept finding Clara, he'll find both his Torchwood and Pompeii selves and discover, like, there are multiples of him or something crazy that take a tragically short season to resolve.
  • UmmSqueaky
    UmmSqueaky Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    14168911224_b83d475261_o.jpg