Non-Who Movies with Whovians in them

Options
2»

Replies

• TheDoctorDonna10
    Options
    Christopher Eccleston is in Thor: The Dark World, Gone in 60 seconds & GI Joe
  • cingle87
    cingle87 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Not a movies, but does anyone remember David Tennant in Casanova?
  • navygrrl
    navygrrl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Fright Night, 2011.

Caught this on TV the other night, and was convinced it was Russell Brand until the wig came off and I freaked out because it was a rather scantily clad David Tennant.

This made me instantly love the movie. I have no idea if it was really any good or not.

No, it wasn't good. :laugh: Then again, I was around for the original movie, which was fun and chock full of camp.
  • JamieD328
    JamieD328 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    ShakespeaRe Told had a few Who actors. The biggest I think is Billie Piper playing Hero in Much Ado About Nothing, alongside the actress who played Empress of the Racnoss as Beatrice. Then Shirley Henderson (previously mentioned brick face girl) played Kate in the Taming of the Shrew. Also the actor who played Shakespeare was Puck in A Midsommer Nights Dream. Those are the ones I remember, so there may be more...
  • DoctahJenn
    DoctahJenn Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    :D Thanks for the list guys! It would be really super helpful if you could look up movies and give me a year for the ones you name. Especially the shakespear ones, because they've been done ten BILLION times. lol
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    The Ruby in the Smoke (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0498382/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_30)

Billie and Matt are both in it - i caught it on PBS during a fund drive, it was fun.
  • JamieD328
    JamieD328 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    ShakespeaRe-Told was a miniseries, and as long as IMDb is correct, they originally aired in November 2005
  • LifeOfBrian78
    LifeOfBrian78 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    The HBO movie Recount about the 2000 election. John Hurt played Warren Christopher. It is an HBO movie, so it is available on HBO GO.
  • nikiste
    nikiste Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    :D Thanks for the list guys! It would be really super helpful if you could look up movies and give me a year for the ones you name. Especially the shakespear ones, because they've been done ten BILLION times. lol
    Oculus - 2014 (it came out April 11th, the day before my birthday!)
  • LifeOfBrian78
    LifeOfBrian78 Posts: 397 Member
    Options

The Hobbit
    Who Actor(s): Sylvester McCoy
    Netflix:
    Hulu:
    Amazon Streaming:

Don't forget that Ian McKellen was also the voice of the Great Intellegence in the Snowmen christmas special!
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Do we count John Hurt The War Doctor? He was also in Hellboy and Alien and Harry Potter.