Introduce Yourself!

Options
Hi There peeps!

My name is Kay and I've been a fan of the awesome duo Fitnessblender for awhile now. I discovered them on tumblr when they did a video about fitspiration and I haven't looked back since. These two have changed how I work out, seriously.

Please introduce yourselves! I would love to get to know you better.

Cw: 175
gw1: 170
gw 2: 165
gw3: 160

26, 5'9, Scorpio, tumblr addict. :)

Replies

• LiftAndBalance
    LiftAndBalance Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

I'm Ines and I first discovered fitnessblender on youtube. I had started to include their workouts every now and then in my exercise routines last year. Then I let exercising slide completely for a couple of months, got so out of form and gained around 5 kg. When my favourite jeans didn't fit anymore, I knew it was time to do something :grumble: At that time, they had a sale on their programmes and I figured I'll get the low impact one to get me kickstarted. I liked having a structure so much that I then went on to buy one of the regular eight week plans (again on sale :bigsmile: ), which I'm doing now.

Working out at home is key to my motivation and I love how doing their videos still feels like you're actually working out with a real person, who's also suffering :laugh:

I'm also 26, 164 cm (5'4) tall.
    CW: 76 kg (168 lbs)
    GW: roughly 62 kg (137 lbs)

-> I've never been below 70 kg as an adult so I'm actually not sure about my 'goal' but that's what I put into MFP since I've been thinking something between 60 and 65 would be great. I had lost a bunch of weight about two years ago and hit a plateau around 71-73 kg. Since I was already quite happy with the way I looked and had a lot of things going on at that point, I left it at that and stayed there until above mentioned slide. I'm now motivated to go 'all the way' and want to at least hit the 60s.

Looking forward to hearing all your stories! :flowerforyou:
  • rubyeskimo
    rubyeskimo Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Ruby, 27 and I found fitness blender through a blog I'd been following for a while. The person wrote a long post about fitness videos on youtube and I liked the sound of Daniel and Kelly best. I've dipped in and out of a couple of the routines but now I've started the 4 week low impact program and I'm really enjoying it. Starting week 2 tonight and I'm kind of excited! Oh and here's my stats:

HW: 191 lbs
    CW: 166 lbs
    GW: 147 lbs
    Height: 5ft 2
  • LiftAndBalance
    LiftAndBalance Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Hi Ruby!

I did the low impact programme at the beginning of this year and really enjoyed it. Some of the workouts were deceptively difficult :bigsmile: I then moved on to round 4 of the regular plans which I finished about 2 weeks ago. Even though my weight loss has been slow, I've made great progress fitness-wise so I loved doing the PFTs for motivation!
  • rubyeskimo
    rubyeskimo Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi Ruby!

I did the low impact programme at the beginning of this year and really enjoyed it. Some of the workouts were deceptively difficult :bigsmile: I then moved on to round 4 of the regular plans which I finished about 2 weeks ago. Even though my weight loss has been slow, I've made great progress fitness-wise so I loved doing the PFTs for motivation!

I know what you mean about the "deception". Even though it's low impact its definitely just as hard as something like p90x at some points! Did the total body barre workout on Saturday and my legs are still killing me! Weirdly I loved every minute of it!
  • nwright612
    nwright612 Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Hello, everyone. I don't remember how exactly I found fitness blender, but it was probably through just a youtube search for a good at home workout. I love their workout videos - very challenging, but also encouraging - as well as their focus on getting fit/in shape (rather than just losing weight/getting skinny). I've continued doing their workouts because of the variety both in style, and in difficulty. I've never done one of their weight loss programs, just usually search through their workout videos day by day (or, more recently, once a week i search through them and make a workout plan for the week). They've played a major role in my focus shifting from just weight loss to improving fitness/physical ability. I'm excited to keep at it and see how much stronger I get. :)

Age 23, height 5'7"
    CW - 167
    GW - 155