Best way to sell your bike

Options
MelAb8709
MelAb8709 Posts: 140 Member
Hello group! I hope you don't mind my visiting but I'm hoping for opinions. My future hubby is selling his Harley, or at least trying to - posted an ad on Craigslist but it's hard to stand out among the hundreds of other bikes for sale.

Harley owners seem to be a tight group - does anyone know of a forum or a better way to connect with potential buyers? I'm trying to help him out.

Thanks!

Replies

• ractrev
    ractrev Posts: 426
    Options
    When I sold my last Harley, I was talking to an independant mechanic I have do some work for me sometimes and told him I was thinking about selling. Within hours, he told someone he knows about the bike and he came up and bought it - full price without even test riding it. Sometimes it is just a matter of telling the right person!
  • debneeds2beskinny
    debneeds2beskinny Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    We have a bike for sale and haven't had much luck. I posted it on our local bulletin board, www.cycletrader.com and ebay. I didn't try craigslist - just seemed to be overwhelmed by bikes. We had our best hits on ebay. We sold one a few years ago after just three days of advertisement on ebay.
  • eplerd
    eplerd Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    SELL??? oh HELL NO!
    I'm gonna be buried on one of MINE!
    LOL

But seriously....
    Best way to make it stand out is probably to get the best possible photographs of it!
    Wash and wax it then take your photos in a park or somewhere without a lot of background clutter (not in a garage or driveway).
    Position it with the sun behind you for best lighting, and get down on your knees to get a better angle!
    (Bikini-clad model astride the bike is optional ) LOL

Also make sure to list all the "extras" on the bike to show all the goodies that are included.

Having not sold a bike in ages I don't know what else to tell you...but my best results WERE on Craigslist.

Dave