Summer squash pizza crust

Options
Mangopickle
Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
I just made the summer squash pizza crust recipe from Allrecipes.com. Amazing! You can just eat it straight 130cals ,7.5 carbs and 10g protein for a 4.5x4.5 slice. I used the Sargento Italian 6 cheese blend instead of Parmesan and mozzarella because Parmesan is soooo salty. I also cut the flour from 3/4 cup to 1/2 cup

Summer Squash Pizza Crust
4cup finely shredded summer squash(yellow or zucchini)
1/2cup flour
1 1/4cup Sargento Italian 6 cheese blend
2eggs beaten
Salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Once zucchini or summer squash has been shredded (I recommend a food processor) lightly salt the squash and transfer it to a strainer. Let stand 15 to 30 minutes and press all remaining liquid out of squash.
In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine squash, flour, shredded cheese, eggs, pepper and salt. Mix well.
Spread the mixture into a greased and floured jelly roll pan. Bake for 25 minutes in the preheated oven.
Remove the crust from the oven and change the oven's temperature to broil. Brush the top of the crust with oil, and then broil the crust for 3 to 5 minutes until the top is lightly browned.
Allow the crust to cool slightly and slide spatula underneath all edges and under the middle. Place a large baking sheet over the top of the crust and gently flip the crust over so that the bottom of the crust is now facing upwards. Because it can be difficult to flip the crust smoothly, it may be necessary to cut the crust in half to facilitate the flipping of the crust. If you want to omit the flipping stage, that is okay, but the crust won't be as crunchy.
Brush the top of the crust with oil and broil for another 3 to 5 minutes until the top is browned. Cover with toppings as desired.
Kitchen-Friendly View

I flipped the crust but , honestly it is ready to eat after you brown it the first time.

Replies

• Pearlsbabygirl
    Options
    This sounds yummy! I'm still on liquids, but you have me thinking down the line. I just started a folder with recipes I find on this site. Yours is the first! Thank you.
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Better still I cuts easily and I have 5 portions left. Though I think the family is going to scarf it. It looks like a big tray of cheesy bread and smells like it too. I used a good 13x9 nonstick jelly roll pan. I oiled and floured it but next time I will use my EZ Bake spray. I used a clean tea towel to press the water out of the shredded squash. Good luck. I end up with so much squash in the spring I want ways to transform it