Cosplay!

Options
Laerai
Laerai Posts: 495 Member
Con season is starting! What cosplays do you have or are you working on?

Replies

• gardenkitty
    gardenkitty Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am bringing a whopping 5 to my local anime convention next week. I cosplay Sailor Moon and I am bringing Masquerade Michiru, 2 casual outfits for Michiru, Bosuzoku Jupiter and Super Sailor Jupiter.

Tonight is the test run of all the outfits. Gotta make sure we've got everything together and they fit. :)
  • Nimue108
    Nimue108 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I am working on Maya from Borderlands 2 and a DPS warrior Daisy for Dragon Con for myself and will probably take either my Rogue (X-Men) costume or my female Connor Kenway and I am working on Handsome Jack and an assassin Shy Guy for my DH. He can decide what others he wants to take, lol.
  • tayloryay
    tayloryay Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I just ordered the shirt (and last piece) for my genderbent Joel from The Last of Us cosplay for A-kon in June! Unfortunately the only shirt I could find that matched is a men's large but I think I can make it work. I shouldn't have wasted time trying to find a smaller shirt & just tailored this one a bit or something but it's too late now so it'll have to do! It'll just be a simple kinda casual cosplay since this is my first con and I mostly want to focus on enjoying the event. Next time I'd like to do something fancier though for sure! I bet you're all going to look fantastic!!
  • Grendel07
    Grendel07 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I really need to learn how to sew! I want to cosplay so badly. lol probably need a sewing machine first. :p
  • Laerai
    Laerai Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I really need to learn how to sew! I want to cosplay so badly. lol probably need a sewing machine first. :p

I couldn't sew at all at first. There are ways of finding pieces and altering them for your needs. I hand stitch a lot of my alterations, and I don't use a sewing machine! I've done pretty well with this.

I've got cosplays for:

Kaylee Frye from Firefly
    Steampunk Kaylee
    Medli from Legend of Zelda
    Blossom from Powerpuff Girls
    Tonks from Harry Potter
    Rogue from X-Men
    Red Mist (femme) from Kick-*kitten*
    Fawkes from Harry Potter and
    Herald of Valdemar (From Mercedes Lackey's Books)

All done without a sewing machine! You can do it too!
  • sithmuffin
    sithmuffin Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    The con I go to has already come and gone and I was a modified version of the classic Harley Quinn (it was a dress instead of the jumpsuit). Eventually I'd like to wear the regular jumpsuit without fear