Heading towards half way - how are you doing?

Options
df1982
df1982 Posts: 147 Member
Way to go to everyone who is still here! Give yourself an air high five. It's not easy to stick it out, but it *is* worth it in the long run. There are still over 6 weeks left in the challenge - tons of time to lose a few pounds, make some fitness gains, and learn to treat ourselves better.

The last two and a half weeks haven't been easy for me, not by a long shot. I continue to do well during the week - in particular I'm getting my workouts in - but then I lose it on the weekends. This kind of yo-yoing is exactly what I want to learn not to do. I think that the few glasses of wine I enjoy on the weekend probably has something to do with the pattern ;) While enjoying wine is not something I want to cut out, it's everything that I eat after that that is the problem.

I have been losing about a pound a week and that is positive. However, my overarching goal as we head towards 30 days is to find a way to make this a sustainable lifestyle that doesn't feel so up and down. In the past, I've tended to go for the quick fix - i.e. I'll go crazy at the gym for a month or two - and then that is all just as quickly undone.

Whether you are feeling discouraged - or positive - or a bit of both - I'd love to hear from you. And, good luck to everyone for the rest of the week!

E