motivate meeee!

Options
housenoob
housenoob Posts: 34 Member
runnig used to make me not want to eat junk food but latley ive been overcompensating and telling myself that it is okay to eat bad food because im running.i want to try harder but the stress gets to me.im not actually hungry but its kind of like im just in this routune i cant break free of.im uggggg i need motivation.i justkeep on telling myslf that things are fine and i dont need to change

Replies

• Curtruns
    Curtruns Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I have will power problems myself on stuff I like. I don't keep beer, ice cream or candy in the house for that reason. In order to indulge, I must leave the house to do it and this seems to work well for me. I have a thing for McDonald's chocolate shakes and if I have a long run (say 15+ miles) I reward myself with one. Fortunately, in winter I rarely run that far and in the summer, my activity level compensates for that 700 calorie treat! You will need to experiment to see what works for you, but I have noticed the better I eat the less I desire the unhealthy type food.
  • Carrieendar
    Carrieendar Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I feel like preparing ahead helps me a lot. I cut up veggies to put in morning omlets, make sure there is extra grilled chicken in the fridge to make a quick caesar wrap, hvaing lots of fresh fruits on hand. But I also know I like to have a treat now and then. Go for things like dark chocolate and wine or make sweet potato fries for that salty craving. I like what Matt Fitzgerald says about how planning can limit what you eat. If you don't plan and a plate is presented to you, you will just eat it all. Take control, plan ahead...even with post-run snacks. I found it really helped me to go from "ok, just did 7 mile speed workout, McDs burger and fries is A-OK" to "Ok, just did a 7 mile speed workout, time for some of that strawberry/banana/yogurt smoothie I made and put in the fridge ready to be my treat."
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Do you wear a HRM or other fitness tracker to check your calories when you run? Usually the thought of having to run for an hour to burn off the calories in a donut/muffin/whatever it is I want to shove in my pie hole is enough to stop me.