Bikini shopping at 49?

ultrafishboy
ultrafishboy Posts: 63 Member
Can't believe I'm even thinking this. I haven't been small enough to wear a bikini since I was 17. Now I find myself at a weight (and age) that I'm thinking I might need/want a bikini. I want something fun, not the normal conservative thing I would wear. I like tankini's, but I want some wow! I am single. Seriously, shopping for a bikini at my age? Don't even know where to start. What's appropriate? Where to shop? I am 5'7", medium frame, long torso. Probably a size 7.

Replies

• Momakanga
    Momakanga Posts: 122 Member
    Go for it! Last summer I wore a bikini for the first time since I was 3. My teenage daughters were a little concerned but they still went down to the beach with me so it must not have been too inappropriate. :drinker:

I don't have any shopping tips. I am now the proud owner of a couple of bottoms- board shorts for pool outings with the in-laws and a bikini bottom for the beach. I have assorted tops from tankinis to a couple of smaller-but with good coverage-tops. I just shopped at Target and Pennys.

Have fun with it!
  • jchrisman717
    jchrisman717 Posts: 780 Member
    I wear bikini's -- nothing wrong with it - age is not a factor in my opinion. I bought one in Cabo - a swim suit specialty shop. Try Venus online - venus.com. They have lots of options. Order early enough so if you need to return the size you can - I bought a real cute one their last year and I am NOT where I want to be weight wise.