Long-run fuel of choice?

Options
2»

Replies

• pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I only use Clif gels - I like the double espresso one with caffeine. I tried the Clif shot blocks but they were too hard to chew.
  • sammyneb
    sammyneb Posts: 257
    Options
    I really like the both the honey stinger gels and chews. I was mainly relying on the chews until i ran my first marathon and was concerned with carrying so much "Stuff" so I switch to GU Gel's for the last part of training and the full and hated them. I have now found the honey stinger gels and like those so much better, but they are sweet! Their chews are really easy to eat..
  • Lard_Vader
    Lard_Vader Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Just started using the Huma Gels and I find they digest really easy and taste great. When I want something with more substance, I like Larabars.

It's really hot & humid down here so I like to mix Vega Sport Electrolyte into my CamelBak for runs longer than 10. I haven't had any cramping issues yet nor do I take any sodium supplements.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I'm a cheapskate.........I make my own (3 parts honey, 1 part molasses, a pinch of salt and a little water to thin it out) 1 gel flask is about the same as 4 or 5 gel packets.