SOS shout out Sundays May 18, 2014

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,234 Member
I apologize for bring MIA...job kicking my tail. How have things been going? What progress or life lesdons you are learning? Celebrations?

Replies

• lisaissasa
    lisaissasa Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I am fully aware how double minded I can be. One minute I am confident I heard from God the next fearful I believed a lie. Concerning the area of health, it has become evident how incredibly easy it is to pick up old habits and the difficulty in sustaining GOoD habits.

Other than that I am recovered from the dispute with hubby. He even apologized and wrote a lovely sentiment to me. With that being said however I am quite restless. The most exciting part of my life is my work. I want romance. I want adventure.

How about all of you?
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,234 Member
    Options
    I could definitely go for ad venture.
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Well, have been a good girl and going to PT for cranky knee, we have progressed to two cranky knees, a pissed off ankle, and a very annoyed me, BUT I am keeping the faith that something is going to work out right and we'll find the magic that will make all right. Yesterday, PT dude noticed that pissed off ankle is very unstable (uh, duh! been telling you this since the beginning PT dude) and over pronating. He recommended going to a running store where they evaluate your gait and help you find the right shoes... $160 later and I am wearing the only brand that makes shoes (and has only been making them for about a year) for pronation as bad as mine is for narrow feet with high arches... girl at store said that I don't have to wear them forever, just til problem corrects then can get different shoes, but for now need sturdy sneakers with real arch/ankle support. So here's to expensive sneakers, may they truly work!

Feeling the adveture bug myself, but that may be because my adveture has been postponed three times already. My coworkers and I have a pact that we're doing things together that we don't have anybody else to do stuff with, whether it's silly, adventurous, fun, stupid, whatever. So for my birthday we've been planning to go over to the Museum of Science and Industry (MOSI) where they have a ropes course and zip line so we can do that for my birthday (our May adventure), we were going to do it on my birthday, but two of us had to go to Ft Meyers to observe a class and we didn't get back til late, then we were going to do it on the Friday after my birthday, but we found out that MOSI closed at 5 and two of us were in Orlando observing a class again and wouldn't make it back in time, then we were going to do it last Friday, but between the MERS-CoV investigations (I work at the onlly public health lab in Florida that is currently testing samples for this) and my A/C breaking, we didn't make it. So fingers crossed, my adventure bug itch will be scratched on Friday since we're going to try again. And I will be talking to a friend of mine who is opening a paddle boarding business to find out how much for a lesson because I want to try paddle boarding too!
  • Genevieve23120
    Genevieve23120 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm new to the group but not new to MFP. I was using Noom and really enjoyed it, but then I got an iPhone which doesn't support Noom Groups. Currently I am 220 lbs and want to loose overall about 100 pounds. For now I would just like to loose 1.5 to 2 pounds each week and stick to healthy eating. The biggest lesson i learned was from my dad; no matter how many times you fall, re-evaluate yourself, get up, and keep going.