Dandelion Root Tea

Options
lesliegail1986
lesliegail1986 Posts: 33 Member
Im having some bloating issues due to too much sodium , water retention etc and read somewhere that dandelion root tea was great for that. I bought some today and when I got home I read on the box and it said talk to your dr before drinking it. Do any of you know If it is safe to drink this while pregnant or have any experience with it? I didnt really see the harm but figured I needed to check it out before drinking!

Replies

• HeyNikkita
    HeyNikkita Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    A call to the triage nurse should answer your question. I have seen some women drink it.

If you start, let me know if you have any positive results!! I am beginning to see some increased water retention. My feet and ankles have a little swelling.
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    It is safe, but not in large amounts. The last thing you want to do is dehydrate yourself.
    Drink about 12oz a day, and make sure you keep drinking tons of water too. You want to encourage your body to drop excess water, not deprive it of water.
    Dehydration is extremely dangerous in pregnancy, be sure you are drinking tons of water.