Good Eats: Recipe Share

Options
Lets share some yummy recipes!

Losing weight can taste oh so good!

Replies

• DevereauxPaquin
    Options
    :drinker: Here's an awesome recipe to try!

Whole Foods Market's

Vegetable Lo Mein!

Ingredients:

3/4 pound lo mein noodles or whole wheat spaghetti
    Sesame oil (start with a small amount)
    1/4 cup hoisin sauce
    2 tablespoons soy sauce
    2 tablespoons canola oil
    2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
    4 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic (about 3 cloves)
    1/3 cup sliced scallions (green onions)
    1 cup julienne carrot (2 large)
    1 cup thinly sliced celery (1-2 stalks)
    1 cup thinly sliced red onion (1 medium)
    3/4 cup fresh bean sprouts
    3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro

Method:

Cook the lo mein noodles in boiling salted water until al dente. Cool. Toss lightly with sesame oil to prevent sticking.

Combine the hoisin and soy sauces in a small bowl and mix well.

In a wok or a large skillet heat 1 tablespoon canola oil and quickly sauté the ginger, garlic and scallions until they release aroma, then add the carrots, celery and red onions and briefly sauté before adding the bean sprouts, about 2 minutes.

In a separate medium skillet, heat 1 tablespoon canola oil and sauté the noodles. When they are hot and look pan-fried or lightly browned, add them to the other sautéed ingredients in the large pan. Add the soy-hoisin mixture and stir to coat. Sprinkle with the chopped cilantro and serve.

Source Link: http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipe/vegetable-lo-mein
  • nxg777
    nxg777 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal banana cookies that taste like banana nut muffins.

1 banana
    1 cup of old fashion oats
    1 oz of walnuts
    15g of dark chocolate chips

First you mash the banana. Add in the raw oats, walnuts & dark chocolate chips.
    You may add cinnamon or liquid stevia.

Place on a baking sheet in little balls & bake on the oven at 400c
    They should be in there about 10 min (not sure on how long I kinda eyeball it)

Servings depends on the size of the cookies.
    It's high on calories but it's a good snack to keep you sane when you feel like eating something sweet

Old fashion oats are great for lowering cholesterol as well. It's one easy way to incorporate oats in your diet.
  • nxg777
    Options
    I love pizza and try to find ways to make a healthier calorie friendly version of it.

The one I've been making recently is with flat out wraps.
    It's only 100 calories for a good size wrap.

You'll need
    1 flat out wrap
    1 serving of tomato/pizza sauce of your choice
    1-2 servings of 2% Mexican blend shredded cheese (depending how much cheese you like)
    And toppings of your choice. I usually just put chicken for protein or turkey sausage.

Place flat out on a baking sheet and bake for like 7 min or until toasted
    Take out the oven and put sauce, toppings and cheese and place back in the Oven. When cheese is melted it's ready.

Love it so much. And if your really craving pepperoni you can buy the veggie pepperoni. Taste pretty good.
  • nxg777
    Options
    Plain Greek yogurt has a great amount of protein so I try to use it as much as possible.

Greek "ranch"
    Take a spoonful of Greek yogurt(plain) and add some ranch powder. (Not sure what it's called but it's by hidden valley.) Greek yogurt to ranch powder ratio depends on the person & if it's too thick you can add a little bit of almond milk.

Proyo is protein yogurt

Plain Greek yogurt 1 cup
    Half a scoop of protein powder of your choice
    Top with fruits, nuts or whatever you want. It's the bomb.com and you can freeze it to make it like ice cream.

I use plain Greek yogurt as a substitute for sour cream.
  • MarthaQ2
    MarthaQ2 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    EASY ITALIAN LATIN CHICKEN~ You will need lean chicken cutlets 6-8 Cut off all visible fat. Season with Complete seasoning by Badia (Sazon) and Italian seasoning~McCormick Italian Seasoning, I also add 1 packet of Sazon Goya with culandro and anchiote. .One big can of stewed tomatoes. Don't empty out the sauce use it. Optional but delish~ one can of white potatoes. I season the chicken cutlets first. Then I arrange them in a big baking dish inside a baking oven bag. Add the stewed tomatoes and potatoes. You can also add a bit of water.Close bag with tie. Make a few punctures on top of bag for venting steam~ Be careful when you open bag. Bake at 375 for 60 to 75 minutes. Serve with cooked brown rice or veggie pasta. Delish!
  • tnjackso1
    tnjackso1 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    bump
  • TriciannT
    TriciannT Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Orange Energy Drink

2 Oranges
    2 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
    2 Packages Stevia
    3 ice cubes

Blend and drink. Serves 2
    I believe it is 73 calories per serving.
    Very refreshing.