NSVs

Options
strawmama
strawmama Posts: 623 Member
Ok, so since this challenge group is scale based, let's work on listing NSVs (non-scale victories) throughout the challenge. Sometimes it's hard to see other changes, especially when our scales are not cooperating.

I didn't workout or get in my 9000 daily steps yesterday. And it pissed me off. Before, I honestly wouldn't care if I exercised or moved during the day. I could sit in front of the TV or computer ALL DAY. So, being mad because I didn't get in a good workout is my NSV for this week. :happy:

Replies

• ashleighrose13
    ashleighrose13 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    What a great idea. My NSV will be not getting upset when I go to buy some new summer clothes today and they are not the size I want. Fingers crossed by the end of summer they will be loose. Ugh, I hate clothes shopping. This gonna be a hard one.
  • cjthurman
    cjthurman Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Excellent idea! I'd like to make exercise my NSV too - especially adding some weight lifting.
  • Robme123
    Robme123 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Excellent idea! 3 good days in a row thanks team. August 15 is the goal I end to remember that and celebrate small victories.
  • Peacockbutterfly
    Peacockbutterfly Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Great idea! My NSV is the fact that I was able to do some jogging at 5.0mph on the treadmill yesterday. That is huge for me!
  • nitrospop
    nitrospop Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Went clothes shopping for my son this past weekend. He will be a sophomore in high school next year. My NSV will be wearing his new pants by the end of this challenge, just to freak him out a bit. He wears the same size clothes I did when I was a sophomore!
  • SPFAFF19
    SPFAFF19 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My NSV yesterday/today is not giving up when the scale is being mean. I know I've been doing a lot more lately and working hard and I am proud of my progress. 50 days ago I couldn't walk without getting winded. Now I'm running a half a mile
  • SPFAFF19
    SPFAFF19 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Another NSV: I went to my moms today and she said my arms look like they are toning up! Yay!:smile:
  • schafmom
    schafmom Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    MY NSV is actually getting a work out done in the morning....I'm like a slug in the a.m. and generally do a workout early afternoon. This morning was huge for me when I actually got a work out in before I left for work.
  • rosarum
    rosarum Posts: 11
    Options
    I have been doing regular workout for a week now and even though I haven't seen any changes on the scale, there has been one huge change: I can sleep! I actually feel tired in the evening and I wake up rested. That's something I haven't experienced since my childhood probably. I also quit my studies this month so that probably makes me less stressed, but I think the biggest factor is the exercise. Loving it!
  • strawmama
    Options
    Another one: This week my husband decided to get on the "get healthy" wagon with me, and for the past two days we've walked our 1.30 mile loop up the street and back. Some pretty decent hills, no really any flat surface. Anyway, a few months ago when we would walk this loop, it was taking us 20-22 minutes per mile. Last night? We were down to 16:05! Yay.
  • codycsweet
    codycsweet Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    I got a compliment from a past parent about how I looked great and she noticed that I had lost a lot of weight :) I love those compliments
  • eels4peels
    eels4peels Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    NSV: Fitting in the same swimsuit that I did last year ever though I'm around 7 pounds heavier. YAY muscle!
  • strawmama
    Options
    Had a crappy day yesterday, and while I know I was eating my feelings, I didn't go crazy. Stayed within my calories, despite having a rather lazy day.
  • ashleighrose13
    ashleighrose13 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm quitting smoking today.
  • strawmama
    Options
    I can't wear my own pajamas any more. They swallow me whole. I've taken to wearing my workout clothes around the house or my husband's "Ozzy" pajama bottoms. Anyway, his pajamas no longer fit me either. I have to use the drawstring to keep them up. Drawstring? Never knew that they had a use before!
  • strawmama
    Options
    I'm quitting smoking today.

How's it going?
  • strawmama
    Options
    Having to wear my husband's track suit pants when I walk because NONE of my workout clothes that are road-decent fit any more. Also, I hate track pants--can't stand the whish, whish, whish sound.
  • strawmama
    Options
    I think my confidence is coming back!
    I had to get chicken feed yesterday and I had to ask for help to carry it out. I am seriously anti-social and I actually flirted a little with the guy who brought it outside for me.

I haven't done that in years.
  • crepes_
    crepes_ Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    I ate 400 calories of a binge-trigger food and felt completely satisfied. I normally would eat at least 1400 of that, and then start planning what I could have for dessert. Instead, I stayed within my calorie limit for the day and saved the rest of it for the following day.
  • strawmama
    Options
    I ate 400 calories of a binge-trigger food and felt completely satisfied. I normally would eat at least 1400 of that, and then start planning what I could have for dessert. Instead, I stayed within my calorie limit for the day and saved the rest of it for the following day.

This is awesome!
    Nice NSV!