20lbs to go constsntly thinking of food

Options
shelbz123
shelbz123 Posts: 48 Member
hi ladies! I am so close but feel so far away! I gained 60lbs during my pregnancy 6 months ago and I have 20 left to go and I need some help! I have tried everything... I was doing the paleo thing for awhile but I think the lack of carbs started to make me feel sick once I started working out. I try to eat small meals every 3-4 hours but I seem to get so overwhelmed but the constant thought of food. my brain is already on overdrive with a new baby in the house. I think I need more easy to grab protein because lately I have been craving sugar at night. i am motivated and read to lose this weight any tips on what you ladies are doing would help so much. i am ebf and i thought that would help take all the weight off but it doesn't seem to be that way for me

Replies

• princesslsg
    princesslsg Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I could have written this EXACTLY. I literally just stopped doing the paleo thing as well because I started not feeling well. I have 20 lbs to go to be back to pre pregnancy weight and I gained 60 lbs as well during pregnancy. The only difference is my little one will be 1 in few weeks! The weight is just not coming off for me. I am still breastfeeding so I think that may have something to do with it. My doctor said that for some women those last stubborn lbs stay on when you are breastfeeding. We may just be one of the unlucky ones :( I want to follow this post and hopefully someone can give us both some insight!
  • shelbz123
    shelbz123 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    i know! it is so frustrating! my friend said she had to up her calorie intake a lot to start shedding the lbs. so i upped my calorie intake to 2300 and hopefully i will see a difference. i went months with being so aware of carbs and now i think i need to start consuming whole grains again. i hope if i can start eating more food maybe my body will start letting some weight go
  • pinkrod
    pinkrod Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Were you doing Paleo strictly? I just had a baby about a month ago and am going to use the Paleo diet to lose weight. I've stuck to Paleo for about 2 years (that's right, I haven't had pasta in a LONG time). I found that if you go completely strict, it makes life so much harder and you are more then likely going to fail. I usually have a cheat day on the weekends. Obviously I don't go extreme, but I will have a hamburger bun a hamburger or I think the most extreme I go is a small blizzard at dairy queen. I've been able to stick to the diet longer without having too many cravings or getting sick. You can't deprive your body of everything. Usually if you are craving carbs, your body is telling you something... have some carbs.. just don't go too extreme on it! I hope this helps!
  • 123hcanett
    123hcanett Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    HI ladies, I need to lose 20lbs too!! Baby will be 6 months on the 23rd. EBF as well and doing bootcamp style workouts and the weight is slowly trickling down. My co-worker who does semi-pro bodybuilding told me that I wasn't taking in enough calories and so my body went into starvation mode, basically everything I ate was stored as fat. Not a good idea!! and opposite of course of what I'm trying to achieve. So now i'm trying to eat every 2-3 hrs, and increase my protein (vegetarian) and cut back on some of my carbs. We do final weigh in Friday from this 6 week program so I'll see how I've done so far. Good luck ladies and keep up the good work!!!
  • tallulahalice
    tallulahalice Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have a 5 month old, (second baby) and EBF. In the early days (1 month pp) I had a food plan written up by a trainer/nutritionist which had me on 1500 calories per day plus moderate exercise. I lasted less than two weeks because although the weight was dropping fast I had to start supplementing with formula and almost lost my breastfeeding altogether when my daughter decided she preferred the bottle! It took me a good two months to get her exclusively breastfed again and as a result I ditched dieting altogether and have basically eaten what I wanted. I have also gradually increased my exercise, but my weight has been steady the whole time - no gains, no losses. I've found this a bit depressing at times, but as breastfeeding was my first priority I decided to go with it and enjoy the freedom.

Now that my daughter is old enough to begin solids I am starting to calorie log - hard work after months of eating whatever I want. I'm thinking 1800 cals per day is a good target to start at. I'm no longer expecting miracles but focusing on consistency - I've been inspired by a great quote "Trust the process". It's really easy to get disheartened when you don't see changes, but trust in the process and you will get there eventually.