OK, big decisions ahead!

Options
KaelaLee88
KaelaLee88 Posts: 229 Member
Well hello, Ladies!

I wondered whether I could ask you for some advice.

As you know, My Husband and I have been trying to start a family for over 1 year and we're due to see the Dr in 2 weeks to start testing. Now, we've decided that if after Christmas 2014, if there still has been no progress, we will begin the process of adoption.

Our overall aim is for my Husband to be working and for me to be at home, taking care of the family. We really suit traditional roles!

So, I started a new job in February which I like and fits our situation for now :-) I have been advised by my manager to apply for a promotion which would put me ahead of the colleagues I started with. I've had bad experiences in the past when it comes to promotion and I really have no ambition to do this job.

I want to decline the offer but I feel a bit of pressure to apply and take the job but I don't want to progress right now.

I am asking God for help to communicate well with my bosses when the time comes and let them down without hurting any feelings. I just don't think it's fair to take an opportunity from one of my colleagues who I know would like to progress and who would be good in the role.

Can I please ask for your advice and prayer on this matter? Please could you also pray that my Husband finds a job and that we have success in either conceiving or adopting, either is great!

God Bless you :-)

Kaela x

Replies

• jmnicholas
    jmnicholas Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Will pray.

Heavenly Father, pleas give Kaela wisdom to know your views on this promotion, and be able to convey your heart about it in a gracious way.

Amen
  • jmnicholas
    jmnicholas Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Re advice...

You may want to review how you feel about the promotion, as your bosses clearly think you are the best person for the job. I'd be honest about plans for leaving when children come along, but consider taking the role as distraction is great for relaxing you ready to conceive, and may assist in building more of a financial cushion before the children come along, however long that takes.

I will pray that God's heart will be evident in the situation.
  • KaelaLee88
    KaelaLee88 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Hi JM,

Thank you for your prayers and replies :-)

I went for a prayer walk yesterday and asked God what I should do and He gently reminded me why I took the job in the first place. There would be no payrise or improvement to my work other than I would be doing 2 jobs and adding stress to our life which isn't going to help conception or adoption.

I felt God was saying to keep as I am and not get distracted which has given me peace :-)

God bless you and thank you again!

Kaela x