Posting Pictures in a Forum Post

Options
rpyle111
rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
This came up in the other WLS group and I figure it might be helpful here as well.

Folks,

posting pictures inside of a forum post is relatively easy, but not intuitively obvious. The hardest part is that you have to have the pictures hosted at an outside site. I use Photbucket (www.photobucket.com). It's free and easy to sign up and upload pictures.

Once you have a picture in your library (preferably resized to 640 x 400ish pixels), Photobucket will show you the IMG tag. It looks like this:

[ IMG ]http://i748.photobucket.com/albums/xx122/bbqrockpyle/IMG_0020.jpg[ /IMG][ /url]

You cut and paste this link in between [ img ] and [ /img ][ /url] tags in the body of your post. I put spaces between the [ and the letters so that it will show up as text. When you use them, don't put the spaces.

When you put it all together, it looks like this:

IMG_0020.jpg[/url]

Vader says Hi!

If you have any questions, ask them and I will try to help. Use this post to play with it and practice if you like . . .

Rob

Whew! It worked.

If you click Quote on this post, you will see the img tags and you can copy and paste, then replace my url with yours.

Replies