Anyone go workout at the City Rec Centers

SkinnyMomma02
SkinnyMomma02 Posts: 82 Member
Hi Does anyone workout at any of the city rec centers?? I just joined and am super excited about going to them....

Replies

• meggwyn
    meggwyn Posts: 226 Member
    I haven't yet, but I'd really like to get a membership to the Norfolk Fitness and Wellness Center! I love their pool area! My daughter takes dance at the Norview Community Center and her room is right next to their weight room/exercise room. It looks really nice and I'd love to pop in while she's in class, but I have a 3 year old in tow. Where are you going? I'd love to hear what you think after you try it out! If you have kids, do you plan on leaving them at home?
  • SkinnyMomma02
    SkinnyMomma02 Posts: 82 Member
    The Williams Farm rec center has a drop off for kids over 3yo for the evening classes. but not sure for the younger ones I have a 5yo and a 12week old so, so far i havent been able to get to a class with my work sked I feel bad asking my mom to stay with the kids while i go but I do go to the pool, they have a lazy river with a current and i walk agenst the current to give my legs a workout and my youngest loves it he gets to look around and play in the water while moms legs get a workout. I have also heard of a zumba class that I plan to go to thur morning at 10 that is at a church in va beach its $5 a class and that includes childcare they have hired a babysitter to watch the kids while the moms get their zumba on. Let me know if you want to go i can send you the address. Are you military?? I also have gone to Little Creek's gym they have a mom workout room where the kids can play while you walk or ride the bike. I have heard that Onceana has something like that as well and also has a Stroller class M-W-F and you can bring the kids to that as well also. Let me know if you want to go id be glad to have someone join me. I might try and go today but i am getting off work at 530am and i believe the class starts at 10 or 11 so i dont know if i can make it today maybe next week... but i am going to Zumba on thur if you want to go. just send me a message.
    Brandi