Lunch time workout

Options
melissasue0317
melissasue0317 Posts: 338 Member
We had several patients cancel their appts this morning so it left us with a longer lunch time. Though technically I only get 30 minutes :). We have to clock in/out for lunch. So I decided to do a quick 10 minute circuit type work-out from that our local fitness club posted on facebook this morning then went for a 1 mile walk.

Great decision bc I feel great now but its 85 degrees out and humid. YUCK! Did not bring work-out clothes so I had to do all this in my work scrubs. Now I'm a tad sweaty at work lol. TMI, yes I know

Also, started the warm up great because it was Shakira "hips don't lie" that started my work-out mix on Pandora. It truly is the small things.

Replies

• claudie08
    claudie08 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Good Going!!! :flowerforyou:

It does feel good when you get a workout in, AND you burn more calories throughout the day!! Yesterday, I went for a walk during lunch - just under 2 miles. I synced my ZIP and LOVED to see my progress, especially the calories burned and how they continued to climb by the end of the day!!!

I've been slacking in the workout department lately, though. Time to ramp it up, even if it's only a walk around the park!!
  • blondageh
    blondageh Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    You must be close to me. It is currently 85 and 52% humidity but feels like 80% to me. When it is hard to breathe, I know it is humid. Stabby hate. That is so cool you worked out at lunch.
  • melissasue0317
    melissasue0317 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Not sure I'll keep doing daytime outside workouts bc the humidity is soon to get worse. We are in middle TN area. So today was 85 with 65% humidity and thunderstorms on their way. Though I do love a good thunderstorm :)
  • scubasuenc
    scubasuenc Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I really enjoyed walking during lunch this spring. I would do about 1.5 miles most days during lunch before grabbing a salad in the cafeteria. As it is heating up I'm finding it harder and harder to do. I hate going back to my desk feeling like I need a shower.