Low Carb Ideas

Options
karran12
karran12 Posts: 11 Member
Hey Everyone!

I'm only just really starting this journey, and going on a low carb diet. I was wondering what your favorite low carb meals/recipes are? I could use some ideas that will meet my low carb requirements (100 grams/day) but also fill my husband's stomach. Ideas please?

Thanks!

Replies

• 103reasons
    103reasons Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    First off, good for you for starting out on this journey!!

it all depends on what you consider "low carb" to mean. For me, I avoid all processed grains and try to get most of my carbs from fruit and veggies. Meat (obviously), nuts, cheese, and low gi fruits and veggies are all a great place to start.

As far as recipes go, I find pintrest to be a treasure trove of good ideas. You can search for low carb recipes. Paleo/primal recipes are usually low carb, as well.

Good luck!!
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I went out and got a few cookbooks and found some websites when i started low carb. I now cook every dinner every night as low carb. Things like broccoli cheese soup, honey mustard ham, lemon pepper chicken, fajitas, carnitas, stir fry, mu shu pork/chicken, riced cauliflower, cream cheese clouds etc

there are lots and lots of recipes out there, you just need to find what you like and start making. Most things low carb are high fat so are much more filling anyway, so they'd fill your husbands stomach no problem. I often just google my favorite recipe and then add low carb and you'd be surprised how many recipes you'd find.

I just did this for alfredo sauce the other day, just googled low carb alfredo sauce and found the most AMAZING alfredo sauce for my daughter's chicken/spinach/alfredo pizza.
  • melodymedlin
    melodymedlin Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Atkin's.com has a lot of low carb recipes. Everything I have tried off there has been really yummy.
    Were quiet fond of Atkin's Macho Ancho Chili its very filling and even my picky 5yr old loves it. My hubby asked for it again this week! Which in itself says something since he's a meat and tater man (LOL).

Also check out Linda's low carb recipes right off the bat I don't remember the exact website but google it. I love a lot of the ideas and most are Fairly easy and quick. Which comes in handy when I work all day.

If all else falls and I can't find simple filling recipes I will just cook normal and eat the items that are less carbs. I usually try for 40g or less a day :) Good luck!