The Official Series 8 Thread

Options

Replies

• mcneilnomore
    mcneilnomore Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Ha! I just popped in to post the same thing. Sooooo....if it airs in August in England, I wonder when we will get it here?
  • HipsterWhovian
    HipsterWhovian Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I just flailed so much, then got annoyed that there wasn't any more than what it was. Oh well, still going to watch it a million more times.
  • AbsolutelyAnnie
    AbsolutelyAnnie Posts: 2,695 Member
    Options
    "Ha! I just popped in to post the same thing. Sooooo....if it airs in August in England, I wonder when we will get it here?"

I just checked BBC America and it says August 2014.

OHBOYOHBOYOHBOYOHBOY!!!
  • benaddict
    benaddict Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    It's about time they start airing series at the same time in the UK and US! I dunno about anyone else, but if there's a significant delay, I find another way to watch it online rather than waiting to watch it on BBC America or something. That's what I did with Sherlock, anyway. But yeah, so excited to see what Capaldi will be like! He was pretty funny in Fortysomething (also starring Benedict Cumberbatch as Hugh Laurie's son) and I think he'll be an awesome Doctor. Wonder how long Clara's gonna hang around...
  • mcneilnomore
    mcneilnomore Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I started rewatching the series a couple of weeks ago and was BLOWN AWAY when I saw Capaldi in "The fires of Pompeii". I never got into Torchwood, but I understand he was also on that show. It will be interesting to see if there's a story thread to explain it or if they are going to ignore it. I'm sure he will be brilliant. I am ALWAYS sceptical and it usually takes me at least half a season before I fall in love all over again.
  • TheDoctorDonna10
    Options
    Ok well that was a disappointing teaser :ohwell:
  • mghollis
    mghollis Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I started rewatching the series a couple of weeks ago and was BLOWN AWAY when I saw Capaldi in "The fires of Pompeii". I never got into Torchwood, but I understand he was also on that show. It will be interesting to see if there's a story thread to explain it or if they are going to ignore it. I'm sure he will be brilliant. I am ALWAYS sceptical and it usually takes me at least half a season before I fall in love all over again.

They've already said they will explain it. (Moffat and Gatiss) It may take all season, but they will explain it. Or they'll have a bunch of angry fans breathing down their necks. lol
  • Yagisama
    Yagisama Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I ended up watching the "The Snowmen" episode after I had already seen all the other episodes. I wish I had seen "The Snowmen" earlier because some of the Season 7 episodes would have made more sense. Heck it wouldn't have been as confusing as why the doctor was looking for Clara in "The Bells of Saint John."

So I'm hoping I don't miss any episodes (Christmas special or not) for Season 8. :tongue:
  • DoctahJenn
    DoctahJenn Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Not gonna lie. If Hulu+ is going to air it a day or two after it shows on BBC, I'm subscribing. I told my husband that I'm not waiting a whole 6 months to see what Capaldi is like. :P
  • UmmSqueaky
    UmmSqueaky Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    hola better internet chrome extension + bbc iplayer = same day access for american whovians.

They don't simulstream, but for Sherlock it was up an hour or 2 after it aired in the UK.
  • DoctahJenn
    DoctahJenn Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    hola better internet chrome extension + bbc iplayer = same day access for american whovians.

They don't simulstream, but for Sherlock it was up an hour or 2 after it aired in the UK.

Installed Hola. Decided to try Netflix using it.

Holy heck, I can get all sorts of new awesome things! For the other Americans, I can access Fright Night using the UK browser for Netflix, which isn't available in the US version.

And QI. QI!!

Oh, my night has been made. Thank you for mentioning it.
  • benaddict
    benaddict Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    I love Hola. I watched the whole season of Big Brother Canada that way. Definitely planning to watch Doctor Who by any means necessary. :)