PDA?

ZOOpergal
ZOOpergal Posts: 176 Member
Where do you stand on PDA? Personally, too much PDA even with straight people is a complete turnoff...I don't mind a little PDA such as hand holding, maybe a chaste smooch or two, but too much is just irritating. My person whom I'm seeing is pretty much anti ALL PDA. What do you think?

Replies

• aeb09
    aeb09 Posts: 424 Member
    I don't think there's anything wrong with holding hands and such, no reason to suck face in the middle of the grocery store though. :)
  • ThePinkPanda
    ThePinkPanda Posts: 208 Member
    I don't see much of an issue with pda. My girlfriend and I hold hands, kiss, hug or whatever. We don't make out (except in a gay bar a few times) or grope each other but that's just common sense lol.

I won't say we've never ever gotten frisky in a public place, but it's when no one is around ;)
  • attackhamster
    attackhamster Posts: 58 Member
    PDA is important to me, so much so that I won't date people who are anti-PDA (or who aren't out and can't express affection in public). I don' t mean like making out in public, but I need to be able to hold hands, put our arms around each other, or give cute pecks on the cheek even when around other people. I like it! And I like seeing others do it, it makes me smile. :)
  • MartialPanda
    MartialPanda Posts: 919 Member
    hahahaahahahahaha.

My GF and I are pretty bad and honestly I dont even care. We touch each other's butts and peck and kiss one another. I love holding hands and being close. It's kinda how we work. Maybe we're a little over the top but I don't care and I don't think I should. I personally think it's great for LGBTQ folk to be out there and showing some PDA. My girlfriend and I are so lucky to live where we do and be able to show our affection in the open. I also think it helps people without our knowing. You never know what kid is figuring out themselves and they see a happy couple being normal and happy and in love. Showing them it's possible. There are of course so many opportunities to see that now but it helps all the same.

Anyway that's my take. I love kissing, holding hands, hugs, and all the like. :love:
  • DaveHuby
    DaveHuby Posts: 175 Member
    LOL my hubby and I just love walking hand in hand in the local mall and watching the reactions.
    Obviously we are aware of the location but do push limits. Central London OK. Centre.MK OK. Middle of Birmingham (UK) OK. Middle of Bradford maybe not. It's all down to Location, Location, Location.
  • Saratini76
    Saratini76 Posts: 115 Member
    I am all for tasteful PDA. My girlfriend and I act like any other couple I guess. We kiss and hug a lot, not sexually....but in that "I just want to be close to you" way. I think too much PDA, whether straight or otherwise, is rude and offensive. Its disgusting to watch a couple drool all over each other with tongues stuck down throats at the local supermarket. Blech!
  • MartialPanda
    MartialPanda Posts: 919 Member
    LOL my hubby and I just love walking hand in hand in the local mall and watching the reactions.
    Obviously we are aware of the location but do push limits. Central London OK. Centre.MK OK. Middle of Birmingham (UK) OK. Middle of Bradford maybe not. It's all down to Location, Location, Location.

Truth
  • Nix143
    Nix143 Posts: 522 Member
    *sighing in a melodramatic attention seeking way* Been a while since I had anyone to PDA with - but yep, I act naturally and naturally when I am in love/lust is to touch the object of my affection. Quite a lot. No problems with it at all - and I get a huge kick out of seeing other LGBTQ couples holding hands, kissing on buses etc :heart:
  • Trixxie90
    Trixxie90 Posts: 32 Member
    My wife and I have always been pro PDA. Holding hands, or arms wrapped around waists while walking, quick kisses here and there. Little intamate moments are important (IMHO)
  • 4homer
    4homer Posts: 457 Member
    when i was dating a few months ago I was fine with some pda. Hugging, holding hands, some kissing. As for full on making out it not my thing to do in public. I dont have any problems when other do it but yeah im just weird lol.