Wedding Workouts that actually work!

Options
ashleyemiller14
ashleyemiller14 Posts: 11 Member
Hi ladies,

I'm getting married August 9th and had my final dress fitting today! Eeek! It fit great and it's now ready for the big day. Only problem is, my arms and chest area are not (it's strapless). I've been kicking my butt into gear for about three weeks now and haven't seen a single pound drop...it's frustrating! I know no matter what I weigh, the day will about me and my best friend entering the most exciting adventure, but I'd like to look back at the photos and not regret what I look like, you know? So my question is, what are wedding workouts that ACTUALLY work? Have any of you tried any that have toned well or helped you drop pounds? I've got 11 weeks to hopefully drop 10 pounds...help a sister out! And add me if you want to help keep each other accountable!

Replies

• Luvs_Rage_Phish
    Luvs_Rage_Phish Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I'm also wearing a strapless dress and have been really focusing on my arms/chest/back while at the gym. I do bench press, lat pull downs, rows, shoulder press, bicep curls, various tricep workouts, etc etc. I haven't moved the needle much in the scale department cause I'm not doing much cardio but my arms are down an inch and while I don't have "definition" yet I am seeing a difference already and I haven't been doing this that long.

Also for a full body workout squats are you friend. And recently I've started using the kettle bell instead of crunches to change it up a bit.

Left heavy - you want to feel like you can't finish that last set. And if you're lifting heavy do 5 sets of 5 instead of 3 sets of 12 or something. You won't bulk up - us ladies don't have the hormones to do that - and you especially won't if you're eating at a deficit.

Finish off your lifting with some HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) - like running sprints (or google HIIT for some options). This type of cardio can have a bigger impact in terms of weight loss than just jogging for 40 minutes. I need to start doing this :)
  • blushingbride2bee
    blushingbride2bee Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    DIET DIET DIET. You can't out exercise your diet so I would start with really cracking down on your food. I started following a ketogenic diet to prepare for my wedding, which is in 16 weeks from tomorrow. I have lost 7 lbs in 5 weeks on keto! You should read up on it
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/keto.htm
    http://www.reddit.com/r/keto
    http://www.ketogenic-diet-resource.com/

I agree with Luvs_Rage_Phi's comment
    "Finish off your lifting with some HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) - like running sprints (or google HIIT for some options). This type of cardio can have a bigger impact in terms of weight loss than just jogging for 40 minutes. I need to start doing this :)"

Definitely more cardio! HIIT is a fat melter! Try doing it in the morning before you eat. I find the benefit is the best at that time.

Life is too short for regrets, you will be beautiful on your wedding no matter what if you know you worked hard and are marrying a man who loves you and thinks your perfect today!
  • andreajaeger89
    Options
    Do you go to a gym? I LOVE Les Mills Body Pump class. It is very tough and you get a full body workout in 1 hr. Being in a class setting with mirrors really pushes me to complete each rep bc I don't want to look like the "weak one" who can't hang lol. It also teaches you a lot of different exercises to work out you chest, back, arms, shoulds, legs, glutes, and abs. I agree with the other reccomendations as well.