Restarting weight loss journey

Options
tanyab222
tanyab222 Posts: 16 Member
Hello Everyone,

I am back on MFP to get myself back on track with losing weight. I have Fibro, Undifferentiated Connective Tissue Disease and a plethora of other crap that I'm bored talking about! LOL I'm looking for more MFPals who are also struggling with similar chronic pain issues, who understand our struggles but are also motivated to not let their health drive their life (so much easier said than done at times, I know!). I'm open to anyone and everyone as buddies because, well, pain is pain and unless one struggles with it every second of their life like we do, most people do not understand. I'm trying to be more active but that is posing to be more of a problem than anything (comically). But I refuse to give up. I will figure out something. In the mean time, I need to eat healthier!! :) I look forward to getting to know everyone!
Take care,
Tanya B.

Replies

• 40Jamieful
    40Jamieful Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi, Tanya,
    I like your post, about how it can be comical for some of us to be active. That's so true for me! And I am so much happier when I am in the mood to laugh about it.
    I am so thankful that it is getting easier to find healthy food that I don't have to always work from scratch. I love the kale and broccoli salad from Costco. I don't use all the dressing that comes with it and I add some organic unpasteurized apple cider. We also like these little kale and butternut squash pies also from Costco. I would be happy to eat anything healthy, as long as I don't have to cook too much. I am trying to cook more again. My favorite thing now is Chia seeds. I add them to everything from yogurt to french toast!
    Your picture of your dog is so cute! I hope to hear your healthy food tips.
    Jamie
  • Thezestiest
    Thezestiest Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have fibro, PCOS, Bipolar, and a few other chronic illnesses which I feel like I'm too young for...but they've been plaguing me for quite some time now.

I've struggled with my weight for over a decade due to medications and illness, and I'm also a recovered (or recovering?) anorexic...I was hospitalized when I was 12, for starving myself and having severe depression.

Now, I actually AM overweight - trying to lose nearly 100lbs, and do it the healthy way. I can't do much in the way of exercise because of the Fibro pain, but I do a little here & there.

I welcome any friend requests from people in similar situations! :)
  • cmfisher84
    cmfisher84 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Welcome and I am on the same boat as you with restarting this journey.
  • kmouse2
    kmouse2 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hi Tanya,

I like your attitude and love the picture of your dog! Sometimes we forget how much we are able to do and get done on a daily basis. Putting our focus on what we are unable to do. Some days just getting out of bed for me is a real chore - let alone taking a shower, getting dressed and off to work. I find that it is more important to stay positive and keep the can do attitude. That maybe I can't today, but maybe tomorrow and except that is an ok thing. I also find that moving as much as I can whenever I can also helps. Then on the days I really can't move as much it's ok because on the days that are better I moved more. Little by little I find that I am getting stronger and doing more - my weight has also started moving. I have taken back the cooking and we are eating better food. I have been eating more salads for lunch - I get the salad kits from the store and one bag gives me 3 lunches and when I make larger supper meals I cook plenty to warm up during the week - this way I am not cooking every night. I also use my crockpot a lot - it's great for chicken and soups. The support and encouragement from everyone here really helps. The other day I fell in my back yard and I started to laugh - my husband asked 'what are you laughing about - are you ok' I told him that I was laughing because I hadn't broken anything and that made me happy - It had been a real fear for me to fall down (the last time that happened I broke my ankle in 3 places and was non-weight bearing in a wheel chair for over 6 months) - now that fear was gone - it was a happy day:laugh: . We can do this just slower - we need to keep our focus on our goals and do it our way and we will get to the goal line for sure.