Homemade probiotics...

meggwyn
meggwyn Posts: 226 Member
Anyone make kefir or kombucha at home? Do you drink it regularly still? I go through phases. Somehow I've managed to not kill my scobies/kefir grains while leaving them dormant for long periods of time. I've been thinking about starting back up, but I'm kind of on the fence. Just wondering if anyone else does them or has more experience with them?

Replies

• tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Am not doing it now but, at one point, I was making about a pint of Kefir a day.

I am unsure of what your question is... Just wondering if there are others out there that have done it?
    Only reason I am not now is because I am lazy, lol.
  • meggwyn
    meggwyn Posts: 226 Member
    Am not doing it now but, at one point, I was making about a pint of Kefir a day.

I am unsure of what your question is... Just wondering if there are others out there that have done it?
    Only reason I am not now is because I am lazy, lol.

I guess I'm just curious! :) (And I'm lazy, too, which is why I go in spurts). I'm also wondering if people who have done it, felt it made a big difference. I'm not sure that I did. At least not enough to start back up. But then I think, its supposed to be so good for me. I'd rather use a food source than a pill supplement, you know?

So, just wondering who else is into that stuff and if they stick with it or recommend a certain kind, etc. :)
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Raw kefir is definitely the way to go and is very good for you!
    If time is an issue, money is not and your local health food store carries it - you can buy Kefir from there.
    I actually did not feel/notice a huge difference in myself but did see a difference in my daughter. I have also been told by my sister stories of how it helped her family (including completely clearing a yeast infection in her toddler.)
    You should try posting this again in the main forums instead of just pregnancy forums. I don't know how many responses you will get here.