Fitness?

Water intake?

Any Questions?

Any Advice needed or to give?

Replies

• NahrasWay
    NahrasWay Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    So I know this isn't Saturday but just wanted to post!

This week was emotionally eventful. My TOM put me out of commission for the last 3 days and I've been laying in bed doing nothing but thinking. I was finally able to do something today and it was a good day with grilling out with our roommate. I've realized a lot about how I feel about food this week and how much it controls me. I've been doing really well fighting back though. I've been letting myself get really really hungry, like feeling it hungry .. not just a 'ehh maybe im hungry idk but it is lunchtime I should eat' kind of feeling but a pain in the stomach hungry. Why? Because I'm tired of giving myself instant gratification when it comes to food. It's OKAY for me to be hungry and I don't need to go crazy and stuff myself when I do finally get to eat. For me this has been a real eye opener realization and I'm going to work on it more as time goes on.

I lost 5lb this week. Surprising since I thought with TOM I'd have water weight gains and such. I was pretty strict on my intake though on days that I had zero activity.

My goals this last week were to walk 10 minutes every day but again I put out of commission and wasn't able to finish it. I'm sticking with it for this next week though and it plus ONE strength workout this week is my upcoming goal.

My water intake was really good I think. I hit a minimum of 9 cups of water every day but some days were more. I struggle with water if I'm not physically hot. If it's cloudy out or windy or no sun then I just struggle. Even if I'm just sitting in the sun getting my daily dose I do better with water intake. I think on days I struggle I may try to add a little of the flavor drops which might help me get through it better.

I hope everyone else has had a good week as well!
  • Sawieger88
    Sawieger88 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    This week was really good even though I made some bad food choices. I decided not to let it ruin my whole day. I didn't just throw in the towel after the first potato chip hit my mouth. That is a huge victory for me.

My fitness has been great this week because I started the thirty day shred with Jillian Michaels. It's free on you tube and I highly recommend it! It's great for all fitness levels and its a great goal to try and workout for thirty days. I have lost only 1.5 lbs this week but I lost two inches in my waist. I also took two rest days from the video but still did my twenty minutes of my elliptical.

Water intake has been horrendous and I have been inhaling caffeine. Goal for next week is to get at minimum 8 glasses a day.

I hope everyone else is doing good. Taking the time to check n really helps and I am glad this group was started.
  • Marquisha152
    Options
    So I will only be drinking water and walking 4 hours on weekdays and 9 hours on weekends.
  • karenrich77
    karenrich77 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Been struggling this week, had the opportunity to catch up with a few old work colleagues (who I thought had forgotten about me once I had to give up work) but this meant eating out.

Tried to log as best I could. and did 10,000 steps on the days I could physically do them. Had the flu as well so not great.

Been drinking between 2 and 2.5 litres of water a day.

Weigh in day for me is tomorrow (Wed 28th May in Australia) at 10am AEST.

Will let you know how it goes, but to be honest I would just be happy not to have gained anything, so I can get back on the straight and narrow.

Anyone who wants to add me, feel free. I could use some more pals!!
  • sarahsweightlossjourney
    sarahsweightlossjourney Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Hello, 5 lbs lost is great! Your goals sound really good there specific which is helpful for follow thru. Your water intake is awesome, and you have inspired me to work on my own water intake because ive been lacking in that area the last few weeks.
    So I know this isn't Saturday but just wanted to post!

This week was emotionally eventful. My TOM put me out of commission for the last 3 days and I've been laying in bed doing nothing but thinking. I was finally able to do something today and it was a good day with grilling out with our roommate. I've realized a lot about how I feel about food this week and how much it controls me. I've been doing really well fighting back though. I've been letting myself get really really hungry, like feeling it hungry .. not just a 'ehh maybe im hungry idk but it is lunchtime I should eat' kind of feeling but a pain in the stomach hungry. Why? Because I'm tired of giving myself instant gratification when it comes to food. It's OKAY for me to be hungry and I don't need to go crazy and stuff myself when I do finally get to eat. For me this has been a real eye opener realization and I'm going to work on it more as time goes on.

I lost 5lb this week. Surprising since I thought with TOM I'd have water weight gains and such. I was pretty strict on my intake though on days that I had zero activity.

My goals this last week were to walk 10 minutes every day but again I put out of commission and wasn't able to finish it. I'm sticking with it for this next week though and it plus ONE strength workout this week is my upcoming goal.

My water intake was really good I think. I hit a minimum of 9 cups of water every day but some days were more. I struggle with water if I'm not physically hot. If it's cloudy out or windy or no sun then I just struggle. Even if I'm just sitting in the sun getting my daily dose I do better with water intake. I think on days I struggle I may try to add a little of the flavor drops which might help me get through it better.

I hope everyone else has had a good week as well!
    Options
    Starting the 30 day shred is great! Keeps you going! Your loss is awesome anything is better then nothing. Be proud you worked for it! I agree with your water goal, im right there with you! Make sure to log it on your app it helps keep you motivated.

This week was really good even though I made some bad food choices. I decided not to let it ruin my whole day. I didn't just throw in the towel after the first potato chip hit my mouth. That is a huge victory for me.

My fitness has been great this week because I started the thirty day shred with Jillian Michaels. It's free on you tube and I highly recommend it! It's great for all fitness levels and its a great goal to try and workout for thirty days. I have lost only 1.5 lbs this week but I lost two inches in my waist. I also took two rest days from the video but still did my twenty minutes of my elliptical.

Water intake has been horrendous and I have been inhaling caffeine. Goal for next week is to get at minimum 8 glasses a day.

I hope everyone else is doing good. Taking the time to check n really helps and I am glad this group was started.
    Options
    Thats lots of walking!
    So I will only be drinking water and walking 4 hours on weekdays and 9 hours on weekends.
    Options
    An outing with friends is nice, I hope you enjoyed yourself. You can make good choices while eating out too. I pick what im gonna have usually before I go so I can do some research before I even eat it. Also theres tips like bring half home have soup first so you don't want to eat as much, if you are having alcohol Google some low cal options (im not a big drinker so not much help here but Google knows). Good luck on your weigh in and no matter what it is it will be ok. We are here for you! What are your specific goals for next week? I suggest you make at least one to try. keeps you motivated!
    Been struggling this week, had the opportunity to catch up with a few old work colleagues (who I thought had forgotten about me once I had to give up work) but this meant eating out.

Tried to log as best I could. and did 10,000 steps on the days I could physically do them. Had the flu as well so not great.

Been drinking between 2 and 2.5 litres of water a day.

Weigh in day for me is tomorrow (Wed 28th May in Australia) at 10am AEST.

Will let you know how it goes, but to be honest I would just be happy not to have gained anything, so I can get back on the straight and narrow.

Anyone who wants to add me, feel free. I could use some more pals!!
    Options
    Anyone joining me here this morning? This is the discussion where the Saturday meeting is held. Lets hear some updates!
    Options
    Alright time for my weekly wrap up.

Weigh In...lost? Maintained? Gained?
    -I haven't weighed myself since beginning of April. Ive gained 1 1/2 lbs since then :(. Time to get back to losing again.

Goals? 
    -I really want to lose 15lbs this summer.
    -work on getting my water intake up and keep it up
    -start some sitting arm exercises with 3lb weights

Water intake?
    -I only managed one day with 8 cups. I managed 6/6/8/2/4

I messed up last night and had pizza with my ex. Since ive become disabled I havent been able to pick the best food. I eat fast food as much as im given it and I haven't even been making the best choices. But since I can't go to the grocery store and can barely cook and also have limited money ( about $60 for two weeks). I make a list and my ex goes to Walmart every 2 weeks. Ive been mainly eating pasta cause it's quick and cheap and you get lots and frozen meals on sale. Does any one have any advice for me or food ideas?
  • savelaurie
    savelaurie Posts: 12
    Options
    I feel great!!! Down 4 pounds. Last week TOM was here and it maid me gain. I love the feeling if seeing my numbers go down. It makes me giddy. Lol
    Options
    Awesome!!!!
    I feel great!!! Down 4 pounds. Last week TOM was here and it maid me gain. I love the feeling if seeing my numbers go down. It makes me giddy. Lol
  • stefsc1
    stefsc1 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I recently increased my daily calories to get me out of a rut, and I lost 4 pounds last week because of it. This week though, I went a little crazy with the increased calories and ate lots of cake and ice cream and cookies and got really bad at my logging. I record my weight separate from MFP in a spreadsheet once a month, and tomorrow is my weigh-in day for that, and I'm not looking forward to it. I'm going to try to be especially good today to bring down any water weight.

I have a major goal coming up; I'd like to be at 298 pounds by my birthday on July 31st. That will be my 50 pounds lost mark, and obviously the under-300 mark as well. The first time in at least 5 years that I'll have been under 300 pounds! I'm currently at 318 pounds, I was 316 last week before all the cookies. In order to lose 20 pounds in 8-ish weeks I am going to have to be VERY strict with myself, so I just need to stretch my self-control muscles a little more next month.
    Options
    Good luck with your goal! My goal is to lose 15 lbs this summer.
    I recently increased my daily calories to get me out of a rut, and I lost 4 pounds last week because of it. This week though, I went a little crazy with the increased calories and ate lots of cake and ice cream and cookies and got really bad at my logging. I record my weight separate from MFP in a spreadsheet once a month, and tomorrow is my weigh-in day for that, and I'm not looking forward to it. I'm going to try to be especially good today to bring down any water weight.

I have a major goal coming up; I'd like to be at 298 pounds by my birthday on July 31st. That will be my 50 pounds lost mark, and obviously the under-300 mark as well. The first time in at least 5 years that I'll have been under 300 pounds! I'm currently at 318 pounds, I was 316 last week before all the cookies. In order to lose 20 pounds in 8-ish weeks I am going to have to be VERY strict with myself, so I just need to stretch my self-control muscles a little more next month.
  • madimatchbox
    Options
    So I totally forgot about this this morning so I didn't weigh

This week I didn't make the best choices. I haven't been motivated to make good food decisions-- but I logged it all!
    Also I had a dream about mac n cheese the night before last and couldn't stop thinking about it so yesterday I ate a whole dang box. Today, I'm regretting it (slightly lactose sensitive)

Goals for this week: not go under my calories and start tracking water. I wish there was a way to track how many fruits veggies like in old weight watchers

Sarah- food ideas maybe try premade salads that most groceries have in the deli. also rotisserie chicken is cheap and can go along way (if you are on pinterest theres a link about ho to make a weeks worth of meals with a rotisserie chicken) Not sure what all your limitations are but corn, potatoes, and sweet potatoes can all be made in the microwave quick and easy as well.
    Options
    On the app theres a place for food notes everyday maybe u could track ur veg/fruit there.
    I get premade salad all the time I love it but I can only afford one every two week there more of a treat for me. Thanks for the chicken idea im gonna look that up and look up potatoes in the microwave.
    So I totally forgot about this this morning so I didn't weigh

This week I didn't make the best choices. I haven't been motivated to make good food decisions-- but I logged it all!
    Also I had a dream about mac n cheese the night before last and couldn't stop thinking about it so yesterday I ate a whole dang box. Today, I'm regretting it (slightly lactose sensitive)

Goals for this week: not go under my calories and start tracking water. I wish there was a way to track how many fruits veggies like in old weight watchers

Sarah- food ideas maybe try premade salads that most groceries have in the deli. also rotisserie chicken is cheap and can go along way (if you are on pinterest theres a link about ho to make a weeks worth of meals with a rotisserie chicken) Not sure what all your limitations are but corn, potatoes, and sweet potatoes can all be made in the microwave quick and easy as well.
  • loisdsnow
    loisdsnow Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello all! Sorry I am not able to make the early Sat. morning meeting....work every Saturday. My week has been good for the most part. I do my weigh-ins on Monday and this past Monday I had lost 2.6 lbs! Yay!!! The hard part of this week has been eating healthy. My hubby has been out of work for a while and just went back to work. Needless to say , our funds for healthy groceries were on the skimpy side this week. Not to fear, things are about to change. It is difficult for me during times such as these not to give up and want to go back to my old habits and my good friend, Carbs. I think I have gotten thru it better than I have in the past and I am keeping my focus on the goal. Another positive for me is that I've been taking some extra supplements and my blood pressure is lower now than it has been in years. Hoping as a result that my doc can cut the dosages on my bp meds. I am so excited about being involved with a group that is so supportive and helpful. Thanks so much everyone!!!
    Options
    Awesome weight loss! Sounds like things are going good and you should have a good upcoming week.
    Hello all! Sorry I am not able to make the early Sat. morning meeting....work every Saturday. My week has been good for the most part. I do my weigh-ins on Monday and this past Monday I had lost 2.6 lbs! Yay!!! The hard part of this week has been eating healthy. My hubby has been out of work for a while and just went back to work. Needless to say , our funds for healthy groceries were on the skimpy side this week. Not to fear, things are about to change. It is difficult for me during times such as these not to give up and want to go back to my old habits and my good friend, Carbs. I think I have gotten thru it better than I have in the past and I am keeping my focus on the goal. Another positive for me is that I've been taking some extra supplements and my blood pressure is lower now than it has been in years. Hoping as a result that my doc can cut the dosages on my bp meds. I am so excited about being involved with a group that is so supportive and helpful. Thanks so much everyone!!!
  • karenrich77
    karenrich77 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Sorry I can't make Saturday morning groups either cause you guys are on the other side of the globe and I am sleeping while you are all weighing in!. And I weigh in on Wednesday's so it puts everything out. Feel sad that I can't really join in much
  • captainninjapeters
    captainninjapeters Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi guys!

This week I lost 4.4 pounds. I REALLY tried to stick to my daily calorie allowance and hopefully I can keep it up. My dream is to lose 20 pounds by July but I know that isn't super realistic. So maybe just 10 :wink:

As far as fitness goes, I need to amp it up. I'm studying for my boards in 2 weeks and feel like I don't have much time to spare. Right now I am walking my dogs about 1.5 miles everyday.

I think paying attention to how much water I drink actually played a major role in my weight loss this week as well. Definitely wasn't drink a lot of water before.

Sarah, one of my favorite meals (as someone who can't eat wheat) is to substitute green beans for pasta. They taste great with marinara or as stir-fry, etc. You can buy bags of frozen vegetables for very cheap. You could also try quinoa. It's a better alternative to pasta because it has some protein and won't create such a high blood sugar spike.

Have a great week everybody!