#1 Weight loss tip thats worked for you.

Options
1. Still enjoying the foods and restaurants I love but making changes to the things I choose and the portions.
Some examples:

Fast food:
McDonald's: grilled chicken, water vs pop, smaller portions, no "add ons" like a meal + a jr chicken.
Subway: whole wheat bun, light mayo and mustard.

Chocolate: 1 chocolate bar eaten over 2 weeks. One or two squares a day some days I don't want any. I don't do this every week some times I want a treat. I love chocolate always have.

Starbucks/ tim Hortons:
Grande Java chip frap light no whip I used to get the reg one venti w/ whip cream. Huge difference!
Tim Hortons went from double double coffee to 1 cream and two sugar. Small change but it counts.

All changes count even small ones!

Replies

• lkphilley
    lkphilley Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I joined this group but what do I do and I am in central time I am in texas.I haven't figured evrything out yet
    :ohwell:
  • sarahsweightlossjourney
    sarahsweightlossjourney Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Hello you can check out the introduce yourself post and introduce yourself, or here you can post a weight loss tip you have to help others and you can come back on sat. Morning to check in with everyone and talk about your progress.
  • savelaurie
    savelaurie Posts: 12
    Options
    One if the biggest changes I've made is to STOP EATING ONCE I AM FULL.
    I know it sounds so silly but it was drilled into my head to finish everything on my plate. Now I know when I'm full and I can recognize it.
    Options
    Great tip. This is something I try to do as well. Because I ate so much at one time, when I felt full I would think no I cant be full ive barely eaten anything. It really takes time to get used to these changes but there so worth it you feel sk much better when you lose weight and so proud of yourself!
  • Sawieger88
    Sawieger88 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Starbucks: green tea unsweetened or iced coffee with soy milk and sugar free caramel. Instead of a venti caramel macchiato. A third of the calories in the iced coffee and zero in the tea. Also there spinach feta wrap is a great healthy choices for a breakfast on the go for under 300 calories.

Everything else I have learned is better to make at home if possible. It takes prep time but I try and wake up twenty minutes earlier to get things ready for my day.

I have learned if I prep all my meals I won't deviate out of guilt and will be less likely to make bad food desicions because I have it all in front of me.

Also the 80% /20% rule works really well. Eat good 80% of the time and then you can reward yourself with that 20%.

I am losing wight slowly but I think I have changed my whole mindset on food this time and feel good after eating rather than ashamed or sad or sick.
    Options
    Great tips! I agree, eating at home is much better and food prep makes things a lot easier. Buying the right foods in the first place really helps out. One of my favorite snacks green apple + table spoon of peanut butter.
  • R_Queenie
    R_Queenie Posts: 1,224 Member
    Options
    Log first!!!! log first!!!! Log first!!!!

Eat later.
    Options
    Find exercises you like and you will enjoy it and look forward to it. I love hiking, trail walking, exercise bike, real biking, exercise dvds like walk at home etc. Exercise can be a fun activity ive always loved being active, you have many options.
  • missjmariam
    missjmariam Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    -No more large double double coffee's, I switched to medium regular (1 cream + 1 sugar).
    -No more pop. I will occasionally take a sip of my boyfriends once in a while but very rarely! I use to drink a can a day!
    -Less eating out. I use to eat out regularly, at least 5 meals a week, now I cut it down to 1-2 (weekends).
    -I started eating breakfast! (I never use to do this before, now I know that it is the most important meal of the day).
    -I do not drink my calories (95% water). Alcohol-only on special occasions. For example I haven't drank since January for my best friends birthday and I will not drink again until my vacation June 7.
    -I stick to the leaner meats (chicken and fish).
    -Fruits/Vegetables everyday.
    -Exercise 5 times a week for a minimum of 45 to a maximum of 90 minutes each session.
    -Cardio has become my best friend.
  • AKAMrsR
    AKAMrsR Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Stop listening to the gimmicks! Don't eat something just because the box claims it's healthy - read the label. I used to eat multi-grain cereal and skim milk everyday for breakfast, but then I realized I was eating double the serving size and it had a ton of sugar, plus I was hungry two hours later. Now I eat Jimmy Dean Delights (still a bit of a gimmick), but it's high protein and fiber and way fewer calories and sugar. I don't get hungry until lunch, now!

I don't live by this one, but it's a goal of mine: Don't eat when you're bored, eat when you're hungry. Being a stay-at-home mom, I eat throughout the day, when I'm bored, my daughter's leftovers, in the evening because my husband is eating… I hope that going back to work will help since teacher's don't have too much time to snack ( I think that was part of my success before).
  • karenrich77
    karenrich77 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I pre log my whole day before breakfast.

I work out what I will eat for breakfast, lunch and for dinner and any snacks should I want them (then if I don't end up eating them I just remove them as I go)

Then decide what exercise I need to do to keep everything in check, if I am having something special, I will need to do that bit more for the day.

The there are no surprises and I can't say, Oh I didn't realise I had eaten over my calories or not done enough exercise!
  • Karren188
    Karren188 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    It sounds cliche' but I always try to drink my water every day - I feel fuller and I make sure to get it done by 3 p.m. That way I don't wake up so much during the night. I drink mostly water, but I also include 2 servings of diet citrus green tea as part of my water since it is clear. I also allow myself to eat what I want - in smaller portions. I don't put it in my mouth unless I checked the nutritional information first -- I don't want "I didn't realize it was...." as an excuse. I am trying to limit bread, but I still use the 100 calorie sandwich rounds and small torillas. I've been unsuccessful in the past by failing to drink water and depriving myself to the point I go nuts and "eat the whole thing". This is working really good for me. Water for the win!
  • keobooks
    keobooks Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    My biggest is to log everything, even if I don't log too accurately. This keeps me always mindful of what I'm eating. I used to open a box of crackers in the morning and eat 1-2 at a time here and there all day long until the box was gone. I was taking in an extra 500-1000 calories every day and barely noticed!